PDA

View Full Version : First Acrylics - 'Kitty Love'

Dregnought
02-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi, well I'm new here so sorry if I do something I shouldn't :angel:, but hopefully I'll get used to it soon enough. Anyway, My first real acrylic painting is attached. There's a bigger version here (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48247480/)

So, what do you people like? What do you think? How can I improve?

edit: I already stuffed up. Where's the attach? lol. Oh well, atleast it's linked.

Tazart
02-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi there & welcome :wave: !!

Aww sweet, I love the little details of the kitties, like the big ears & touching tails & cool interpretation of the palm tree too, like the hint of the coconuts !! Very appropriate timing with Valentines day tomorrow :lol: !!!

I'm pretty new to acrylic painting & WC too so can only suggest that for general advice & info check out the acrylics Information Kiosk (at the top of the page) there is enough reading, advice, classrooms etc to keep you busy for months, if not years - also just reading the other threads regularly is constantly useful as there are so many kind & helpful experienced artists who consistently offer great advice (they're really nice too :thumbsup: !!)

Dregnought
02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the comment :) It was painted a week ago though :P

Thanks for the tip Tazart :)

chammi kaiser
02-14-2007, 05:13 AM
This is very simple and effective. Take a look at LisaArt's cat pictures. You will learn a great deal. Nice to have you with us. Keep them coming.

Dregnought
02-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks. By that person, do you mean thier threads or is there some kind of gallery to this place?

chammi kaiser
02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Lisa has a website called Colourful Canvases. Or you can look at all threads by LisaArt. Have fun.

idcrisis55
02-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Dregnought and welcome to the Acrylics Forum. As Taz mentioned, there is sooo much information here that one can pick and choose just about any area one wants to learn about. Your painting has a freshness and is full of hope and love. That says so much about you. It would be interesting to learn how you would like to paint, the method or style. That would give us some ideas as to how we can best point you to the best information then.

The attachment of your painting didn't post here at Wet Canvas. Did you go to "Quick Links" in the header area above the thread then click "Image Uploader"?

Dregnought
02-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi, Thanks for the replies :)

I find it kinda interesting with all the comments about the warmth and hope of it... this is why here (http://www.deviantart.com/view/45612400/) (it is a slightly long read and of course you don't have to read)

The attachment of your painting didn't post here at Wet Canvas. Did you go to "Quick Links" in the header area above the thread then click "Image Uploader"?

Umm.. No :lol:

hey cool... :cat:a cat guy ^_^ Just happens to be what I'm most considering about doing.. Will have to look around when the opportunity arises.