PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Thirst

Poess
02-11-2007, 01:54 PM
So I've been feelin all fairish and fantasy lately, so I did this one, trying to have a new concept tree, flower, and fairy....it could be more original, but this was just a prelude of things to come, I think....I can see my improvement on little things, like her feet, and other areas I need to slow down, like her hands, which I did last and when I was really ready to be done..so they didn't get the attention they should have...I wanted them to be bigger then our hands, but now they look like it's an accident....
and what is wrong with her face??? I can't figure out why she looks like a gorilla to me....please help...
sorry....I'm a talker
:)
Thanks for looking!

I'm gonna leave the link to where the image is since appearantly I can't attatch it the way I usually do...
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=386822609&size=l

idcrisis55
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
I enjoyed your painting Poess. I like fantasy work. :) It is more than likely the size of the photo as to why you were having a problem loading it to Wet Canvas. Just resize to 500 pixels wide and it should upload fine.

Poess
02-11-2007, 02:45 PM
:)
Thank you! I knew that, my brain just was not working..
Here they are as attatchments....one full and a close up of gorilla-face...
LOL

Jon
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
There's a lot of fun in this. Have you shared it with the folks in the Fantasy/Sci fi Art Forum?

dreamz
02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't see enough of the face to get a gorilla feel. an interesting piece to be sure, I think if you tried using glazes for the wings it would give a more transparent fairie feel

Poess
02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the comments!
I hate to sound completely stupid, but what does glazing mean? You mean that clear stuff to make the paint thinner?
I think I will show this to the sci-fi/ fantasy forum...I didn't know there was one..
thanks!

dreamz
02-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes, glazing is done by thinning the paint either with a glaze medium or water

Tazart
02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
this is so pretty, the glowing light is beautifully reflected & I love you attention to detail - her flip-flops/sandals are lovely (would quite like a pair like that myself)

This is a link to one of the glazing classes, I agree with Dreamz it definitely might suit your style/subject matter & be helpful ... http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376292