PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7 (I've got it!!!)

bearsclover
04-17-2002, 05:23 AM
I can't find any other Photoshop 7 threads, so I guess I feel compelled to start one!!!

Well? Anyone else have Photoshop 7 yet? I was one of the geeks that pre-ordered. It came today! I squealed like a schoolgirl when I saw the box from Adobe! I was so thrilled!!!!

I've got it on a G3 iMac, 500 MHz, 768 megs RAM, OS 9.2.1. It's running like a dream. Installation was seamless.

I hear PS 7 is a resource hog, so I gave it 300 megs of memory. And it's already eating up like 200 megs when a medium sized file is open. I hear that Adobe is working on an update that will address the resource hogging problems. But for me, it's not a problem yet. I mean - I have 768 megs of RAM! :evil: Mwahahaha!

I love the "browse" function, since I have tons of pictures and photos, and I never can remember what is what by just the file names. This way, I can browse through all my pics, and find the one I want. Way cool.

I haven't tried too many other things out yet (I just upgraded to it a few hours ago) but the "unsharp mask" filter is a little more controllable now, which is nice.

They've done away with the airbrush in the conventional sense. This is really going to mess me up, because I like using keyboard shortcuts, and was used to pressing "j" for airbrush. Now "j" gets me the new "heal" brush. (Which is way cool too, but J is supposed to be AIRBRUSH!!! I mean, I have it memorized and everything. This is really going to mess me up, man!!!) :eek: You can still get to the airbrush, under the regular brush (keyboard shortcut "b"). This is going to take some getting used to.

There's more. Much more. I hear there's spell check now in the text function. That'll come in handy.

Anyone else have their own discoveries about the NEW Photoshop? Huh? Huh? Huh? :cat:

blkros
04-19-2002, 07:43 AM
I wish there was a green smiley :) because I'm jealous! I've only got PS5.5. Waaahhh! :crying:
I won't be upgrading for a while.

Lee Gainer
04-21-2002, 11:20 PM
I wanted to let you guys know...food for thought...that ILM's digital paint department uses Photoshop 3! No one ever said you had to have the newest thing out there to make great work! However, if you can get it...

have fun!

dnip24
04-22-2002, 10:48 PM
How many cost adobe Photoshop 7? Is more than $500 bucks

Dave Carter
04-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Ah, you lucky dog!!!! By the time PhotoShop 20 comes out, you may have mastered this version! I'm still running 4.01 and haven't figured out half the features, always discovering something new.

bearsclover
04-29-2002, 03:22 AM
Well, it's about 11 days later, and I love Photoshop 7 more and more.

But it's true - it's a HUGE program, and I'll never learn it all. Not unless I want to have some semblance of a life, that is! And yes, I've heard of other people using version 3 or 4, and surviving quite well. I think the big thing is layers. Ya gotta have layers. Version 2.5 didn't have them (if memory serves) so I wouldn't want to be stuck using it. But version 3, 4, 5, 5.5 and 6? Plenty of great artwork was created using these versions!

I still have PS 6 on my machine, and once in a while I'll use it instead. I notice the difference, and I miss the new PS 7 features. I am already dependent on PS 7, and I don't want to go back!

Linarty
05-01-2002, 04:17 AM
I;ve got Photoshop 6 and have been wondering about 7. What are the new features that you like? As they used to say in high school...compare and contrast.

geckonia
05-04-2002, 12:37 AM
bearsclover,

Check out the photography forum. We might as well change it's name to the photoshop forum. We post PS questions and tutorials for eachother all the time. We'd be thrilled to have you join in the fun!

ArtistEnigma
05-04-2002, 10:11 AM
That airbrush thing is the first thing that bothered me. I'm glad to see, though, that this feature is also in the final version of PS7. I currently have the beta version at the moment. I haven't played around with it enough yet. It seems a lot like 6 but I'm sure that there are several changes that I'm just not aware of.

Barbara S.
05-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Yeeehaaa,

happiness is a new computer program. I have just got 6 at school and I knowticed a big difference from 5.5 which I still use at home. I can't wait to see seven. Unfortunately I will have to wait until my school forks out the bucks:evil:

Have lots a fun:D :cool: :p ;)