PDA

View Full Version : My First Landscape (x-post from Landscape Forum)

Tiasa
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I took the reference photo years ago, but never got around to painting it until now. I am trying new things, so this is what happened. It is 11 x 14, acrylic on canvas.

Comment & criticism welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2007/91784-PC020336_Missing_Both_doors_for_C_B-_WC.jpg

bowerbird
02-10-2007, 01:58 AM
very nice but i find myself wanting to know the story of the boxes :)
are they moving out ? or perhaps been picking fruit ?

Mark Newton
02-10-2007, 02:06 AM
For something different you've done very well.....very visually interesting....and yes, what about those boxes?>?

idcrisis55
02-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I think you did great with this painting. The perspective looks good and I like the light and shadowing on the buildings, the tree is gorgeous and for added interest, the boxes. Well done!

Tiasa
02-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I also wonder what those boxes were for! This was on my brother's property, and he had a bunch of them. I think they were for fruit or other produce. This building was basically abandoned--there were no doors on it. What looks like a reflection in the window is actually the tree line behind the building.

I was wondering about the perspective, so I am glad to know it is o.k. However, I am so surprised that you like the tree! One of the reasons I never painted this was because I was afraid of doing the tree. I have more experience doing form, light and shadow.

Thank you all for you comments. They were very helpful.

Cerulean_bleu
03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh- this is very very nice. And also leaves me pondering, which is rather nice, isn't it? To pull the viewer in this way. So! Someone told me that they view the works in the structured critique forum and if they see nothing to change, they don't comment. So perhaps we shouldn't worry if a thread doesn't get a response...or two?

debee
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
My first thought was that the boxes were bee hives. Wouldn't be right to have them so close to the front door though. lol. Nice work.