PDA

View Full Version : Valentine

Anonymous
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-09-2007/59857_IMG_5276_edited.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Valentine
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a very shiny painting and I had a hard time avoiding glare in the photo. There's some glare in the upper right and some of the more subtle nuances in color and brush stroke have been lost.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments/critiques, positive or negative.

La_
02-09-2007, 11:17 AM
hmm, beautiful, rich color ... could be a heart, or someones back/shoulders ... would be great in the right environment ... i do prefer a tad more content tho, personally.

la

MOTH Priestess
02-09-2007, 05:24 PM
in general, minimalist abstracts never do it for me. im a perfectionist to a fault, and at one time, i snubbed anything i deemed too 'easy' and too quickly rendered, proving ANYONE can be an artist. what i didnt realize is that DUH! yes.. anyone and everyone can be an artist.. and that is a fantastic and beautiful thing. but not only that, everyone and anyone can be skilled artisticly, if they find their niche. everyone has one. some people are great at doing figures and fine details, but have a poor eye for color, or no real creativity. some have abundance of creativity, but cant draw a face to save their life. and all of this is ok. if we keep at it, we will find where our soul feels comfortable artistically, as long as we keep at it. for me, this work, in all its minimal glory, totally works for me. if there were more detail, i think it would take from the overall emotion of this piece. i love the name. its one word that tells an entire tale when you ponder this painting. i love it.