Silverlady60
02-09-2007, 04:02 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2007/80285-waterlilly.jpg
Here is my second submission I hope you like it
C/C welcomed
Annie

Nitsa
02-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi Annie, I really like the variation you have on the buds and think the main bloom could benefit from some similar variations through the petals, especially some added darks nearer the centre.

gurleygirl
02-09-2007, 07:38 AM
You have got a great thing going here. I would follow Anita's advice.
Tracey

idcrisis55
02-09-2007, 09:22 AM
You do have a lovely painting going. Those buds are lovely and like the way you did the flower. I agree with Anita about more variation of values in the flower. There is one area that takes my eye out of the painting and that is the yellow area at the top left of the flower. Perhaps muting and blurring the area near the edge of the painting would help keep the eyes going back into the painting.

Charlie's Mum
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Nice Annie - but I agree with Anita and Ann - you need to direct attention more to the flower itself, that being the focal point ... so just enhance the darks and the strength of the colour bit and 'Bob's yer uncle' :D

Tazart
02-10-2007, 03:50 AM
beautiful buds, leaves & background & the colours of the lily are so pretty :clap: looks like you already have all the advice you need from the wonderful flower experts on this site about darkening the bits at the base of the flower & just a little between each petal so look forward to seeing any updates :)

Lady Carol
02-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Very nice. I also agree that some more darks to help pick out the petals would add to the painting.