PDA

View Full Version : Jenny

riboflavin007
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-07-2007/96733_cheetham_012.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Jenny
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18"x24"
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm working on a little more painterly approach.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any and all comments and suggestions welcome.

rich51
02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Overall I like it. The face is nice and the background pulls you into the center where the face is. The only thing is that the lighter color on the bottom is kind of distracting, maybe it should match the other background. The ear looks a little low, but other than that a nice piece!
BTW we are almost neighbors in the grand sceme of things, I live in Kennewick!

Badpainter
02-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I agree with rich to an extent. Maybe to help fix this problem it would be to take that white and blue of the shirt and drag it a little further down. Just slightly though because I think you can still get away with having an unfinished bottom.

Overall though nice work, I like the muted tones of your color pallette. Its a very nice to see someone who doesnt use loud colors. Good work

NinjaMan
02-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I agree with Badpainter about the colours, since there isn't very vibrant or catching colours you had to focus more on structure and composition of different tones, I guess. I love the way the face is done, although yes your eye is drawn away by the white in the middle of the shirt.

Very well composed, lets see more!

Mike.

MOTH Priestess
02-08-2007, 01:20 AM
another character that wants to be animated. you have your own sense of anatomy and i like that. i do the same with my stuff. i dont like my characters to look too human, but still retain that thing that gives them soul. humanoid i guess is the correct term.