PDA

View Full Version : Frigate leaving the Clyde

ripvanblair
04-16-2002, 04:03 PM
This is one of the postcards I did thought they might be more durable in acrylics the Frigate is not too far from the Pladda lighthouse It belongs to a very good friend

CathyD
04-17-2002, 02:50 AM
ooooooh, aaaaaaaaaahhhh, (that's what you say when you see a beautiful sunset! Very nice painting! You say it's a what? A POSTCARD? Wow, it must be a pretty small painting! What are the dimensions? You did a great job! Good idea to do a postcard in acrylic for durability sake!
:clap:
Cathy

ripvanblair
04-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Thanks Cathy for your comments, it's 10"x7" on 140lb Bockingford paper . It was a project in the watercolours forum , but I did not participate fully it would have mean't too many paintings I didn't have the time, so I did a few and that was enough, they are now on round three of the postcards I think that's more than enough I just don't know where they get the time, once again thank you for taking the time--------Alan

Geoff
04-17-2002, 10:07 AM
That's a great painting Alan.

Don't know Glasgow, but the ship is obviously a link to the proud ship-building history.

I've often wondered about the postcard projects, but it seems awfully time-consuming ???

How do you find working in acrylic - I often have prpblems with drying out and I can't seem to get the knack of working with a wet pallet. ??

ripvanblair
04-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Thanks Geoff I never took up the challenge of painting around 40 paintings, and I don't like to do things quickly I do things in my own time now after working all my life with schedules , time limits, and time tables , it's nice to take your own time, and I felt it might be a couple of years before number 39 got their's.
I enjoyed my acrylic adventure and will be doing some more but I found a new book on watercolours so I'm trying some of these out.
thanks again for taking the time-------Alan