PDA

View Full Version : Road to Salvation

Don (Pappy) Flascher
02-05-2007, 11:09 PM
My latest acrylic 18X26 on canvas board. Any suggestions?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2007/70045-DSCF2300.JPG

Pappy

Hallycat
02-06-2007, 12:18 AM
No suggestions from me. Im not on a level to ofer any,. I think this is wonderful. Hopefully some day i will be able to do something like this,, Its great. I love it.. hallycat

idcrisis55
02-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Don, I love your painting and the theme showing the importance of the night time ride. It all works well together but I think the three main elements, the church, the rider and the tall background trees are vying for attention as they are all about the same size. The elements in the foreground would be larger than those in the middle ground which would give one a feeling of distance or depth to the painting. Because the tall trees are farther behind the church they too would appear smaller to create the depth. I hope this helps because I think you are on the right track with a wonderful painting.

Don (Pappy) Flascher
02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Ann - Thanks so much. I see what you mean and greatly appreciate your advise as I can't afford of get to lessons now that I'm disabled. Consequently, learning from you all on WC is my source for education. Sorry to be a bother but your help means more that you can know.

Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Pappy

idcrisis55
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
No bother at all Pappy, I consider it a privilege to be to offer even limited help. So ask away on your questions or do a search of the forum on the information you are interested in. Visit the Information Kiosk which has loads of classroom and projects and all kinds of information. I also visit the Color Theory Forum, Composition & Design Forum, Oils, Landscapes, Artwork From Life, Still Life, Watercolor Forum and many more. These Forums all have have loads of information when it comes to paints, composition, and how to do something. I love this place, can you tell! :D

dreamz
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Pappy! Anns advice is spot on, it also applies to elements like the fence posts, if the further ones were smaller it would make the fence recede more, its a matter of perspective. Over all this is a very well done scene, good layout and subject and you convey the feeling of a cold winter night very well. Thank you for sharing

Tazart
02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Im not on a level to ofer any,. I think this is wonderful. Hopefully some day i will be able to do something like this,, Its great. I love it

Ditto from me, I'm new to acrylics & painting in general & think this is a lovely scene, your highlights & shadows & general rendering of snow is really good in my opinion. It looks very cold .... also thank you for sharing as every time I see the helpful C&C from the extremely kind & experienced artists on this site I (& I guess everyone like me) learn so much from their helpful comments :thumbsup:

velvet
02-07-2007, 02:01 PM
hey!! Taz.
This looks good. It does need some perspective work as previously stated-but otherwise you have done well. Nice glisten on the snow and a great job on the horse and rider. Perspective can be difficult --been there many times. All in all a pleasing painting.