PDA

View Full Version : Fire and Rain WIP "Need Help"

velvet
02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi there;
I decided to try something different and add some figures to this painting. It just doesn,t look right. I am not certain of the proportions. I sharpened this a bit in my phtoto program. The colors are a little off. My yellows are not that yellow and the tree is more blue green than green. It done on stretched canvas 16 x 20. I am not concerned about the colors anyway I would like to know if my proportions are off or what is wrong here. Thanks for your help.

dreamz
02-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't see any glaring problems with proportion or perspective, the rear horse may be a little large for the distance but not overly so. I think the main difficulty is the brightness of a couple of the slickers and both horses, but again, not overly so

objectivistartist
02-05-2007, 12:26 PM
"The Slicker Crowd"...... all looks good to me......:thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
02-05-2007, 05:07 PM
OK. The colours are terrific. Yellows vibrant and full of life. Let's take a look at the fellow sitting on the horse. It is either a very small horse or a very large chap. You need to size the chap down a little. It is always a good idea to take something as a measure. eg. how big is the horse's head in comparison with the size of the man's head. I think this is a lovely idea and a great theme. Good luck. Hope this helps. luv.

velvet
02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Well Thanks everyone.
I have been working at this one off and on for a number of months. I get sick of working on it and put it away , thinking I will have a different out look when I try it next time. A few time I thought a couple of coats of gesso will fix it right up but I am just determined enough to finish it. Thanks for the input I will give it another try.

idcrisis55
02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I do like what your additions to the painting. You are doing a fine job painting in the people and the horses.