PDA

View Full Version : Wip

frayling
02-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Just got painter 9.5 after giving it a try so I thought i would have a go at a quick pencil sketch which is something i havent done in years believe it or not I usually go straight into a painting without a rough drawing
I must say i am quite impressed with the pencil set better than most i would have to say anyway here's what I've come up with out of my head so far so feel free to pull it to shreds it's not meant to be a serious piece of work so please let rip i need all the help i can get

justjean
02-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Nothing to pull to shreds frayling :) , I think you have done a GREAT sketch :thumbsup:

frayling
02-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks Jean ..just put up next 2 steps anyone got any tips on doing sky in pencil?
by the way I made the fatal error of starting my picture on the canvas instead of the first layer (because i was just messing about to begin with)so the sky had to fit around the tree aghhhh!! anybody agree that the hills are to close to the sky colour I can't tell where the hill ends and the clouds begin and I drew it ...doesn't old age make you ramble.. sorry

justjean
02-04-2007, 06:47 PM
It looks even greater :thumbsup: , and I sometimes mean to start on the canvas and then again I sometimes goof and start on the canvas :)

I can see the difference between the hills and sky and it looks fine to me

LadyAlba
02-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Outstanding!! I love everything about it! :clap: :thumbsup: :wave:

frayling
02-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for your supportive comments
dave

omniartz
02-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Well Done. Looks much better than the last tree I sketched! :lol:

jhercilia
02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks Jean ..just put up next 2 steps anyone got any tips on doing sky in pencil?
by the way I made the fatal error of starting my picture on the canvas instead of the first layer (because i was just messing about to begin with)so the sky had to fit around the tree aghhhh!! anybody agree that the hills are to close to the sky colour I can't tell where the hill ends and the clouds begin and I drew it ...doesn't old age make you ramble.. sorry
I thought there was a mountain in the distace although very light. That could set the 'division' between the two.