PDA

View Full Version : A New guy

GeoBen
02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Howdy... I hope i have selected the correct forum. I am not sure if I should be over in illustration, but...

I am an aspiring Vector Illustrator using Xara to produce (mostly, but not exclusively) Celtic inspired drawings.

to wit:

Loki
02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey welcome!

Glad you found your way over here, the more people the merrier... This forum isn't nearly as hectic as some of the others.

I've never used Xara... is it good?

madster
02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
You should hook up with The Merry Scribe, another WC member. He and his wife, Anne, do Celtic work.

This is lovely. Xara is starting to become a major illustration tool, lately.

~M

justjean
02-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi and welcome to WC :wave: , great work .. it makes me think of spring :)

omniartz
02-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Very good illustration. The hummingbird has a glass appearance to it. The Celtic lines are very well presented and the flowers are delicate with substance. Well Done! :)

GeoBen
02-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Loki,

Well... i hope it is a LITTLE hectic.

Yeah, Xara is excellent. I have used Illustrator and Freehand and I like Xara best... small footprint, fast, incredible rendering, all the tools I need, anyway.

Of course, 'your results may vary', as they say. If photo-realism is your standard, there are folks out there that can definitely do it. TalkGraphics.com has some amazing stuff. Alas, the site is hosted by Xara itself so it focuses more on the tool than the wielder of the tool or the work the tool produces. and the old 'upholding the corporate image' results in a pretty tightassed board.

~M,

thanks for the nice words and I shall keep a watch out for the work of the folks you mentioned.

and thanks, too, Jean and Omniarts (interesting nick). Took a look at your pages. some nice work there, Mother Theresa, Jean and the Bank Tower, O in particular. I have been experimenting with digital painting, but the efforts are not really ready for primetime, yet. Watercolor is something I really want to perfect, but... still a long way to go.

again, thanks all.

geo.

frayling
02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Nice work very uplifting

del m
02-04-2007, 08:14 PM
your work is both interesting and well done.

green tea
02-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Welcome Geo Ben. Interesting piece.
Kevin

barryt
02-05-2007, 06:40 AM
I like that being of celtic origin. Clean and good colours.

avian
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
very good!