PDA

View Full Version : selling my art

marky p
02-02-2007, 08:47 PM
:wave: Hello, My Name is Mark Astbury, and I am an artist living in Maine. I have been into watercolors for the past ten years and now am moving to acrylics. I have been trying to find out the best way to display and sell my work. I have been applying the tecnique of aboriginal and pointalism to different size pieces of furniture. I am very pleased with the look anf FEEL of the finished works. If anybody could lend a handy piece of advice i would greatly appreciate it. Thaanks Mark

idcrisis55
02-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Marky, welcome to the Acrylics Forum. One thing you might do is visit the Art Business Forum (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=4). They have in that Forum a subforum called Internet Sales Strategies that has lots of good information in it.

Do you enter juried art shows regionally, as well as national shows? Have you set up a portfolio of your work? Have you approached galleries in your area about your work? These are just a few of the questions that may give you a few ideas, at least I hope so. :)