PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia #3

firebrush
02-02-2007, 01:01 AM
10 x 14" on hard canvas board. The surface has been textured, but I haven't added anything else. :cool: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Feb-2007/76380-Fantasia_3.JPG

chammi kaiser
02-02-2007, 03:42 AM
Ooh. This is lovely. The contrast of the blue against the warm rusty colours is so effective. I keep looking at it and seeing a bird with tail feathers and wings.

idcrisis55
02-02-2007, 09:24 AM
I really like this one! There is so much to see such as the belly dancer on the viewer's upper right. Cool colors and textures. Well done!

Tazart
02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
really really nice, my first impression was cave painting crossed with a phoenix - then I read the other comments & def got the bird ref & also can see Ann's belly dancer plus a less toned, bigger dancer in the middle & a white flower bottom right ....

every time I attempt something like this I just create a mess :o so I have a huge amount of admiration for artists who can create pieces like this, thanks for sharing :clap:

firebrush
02-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Chammi, Ann and Taz: thanks for looking. One of the oddest things, in making these paintings, is that working with acrylics often involves quantities of white opaque gel, so you can't really 'see' what you've got until after the gel clarifies and the pigments darken to their true intensities. :cool: