PDA

View Full Version : Blacklight paint

Iconw
02-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and to painting in general. I am here to try to meet people who are actively involved in the art world that may be able to offer advice to a beginner. I also hope to share some of my work with everyone.

This post is particularly regarding blacklight paint. I am going to be doing live body painting at a fundraiser in April, and by then I also have to have a 3ft blacklight painting to raffle off for charity. I have never used blackight paint before and was wondering if anyone here has, and would be able to offer some tips, advice and recommendations on where I should order my paints from.

Nikki
~PLUR~

idylbrush
02-01-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.riskreactor.com/Blacklight_Paint/Blacklight_Paint_Main.htm

This might be a good place to start.

Nitsa
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Fascinating....Hadn't heard of backlight paint before.

Charlie's Mum
02-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Good on yer Howard - fascinating link - could really have fun with these :D

See Nikki? Ask a question and someone will find something somewhere (and it's often Howard :D)

Welcome to the forum and WC - do come back and share your work.

Iconw
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am new to the whole forum thing so it feels great to actually have someone reply to mine! Especially with some help. I will definitely keep in touch with this site and post some pics of my work. Thanks again!

Nikki

Lady Carol
02-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Nikki, not many people will have a black-light. Have you thought of that?

dreamz
02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Ive used black light reactive paints in the past but mostly the craft style paints available at most megamarts, they are fairly transparent and work best over other colors or white IE: yellow reactive over yellow, green over bright green etc. If you locate spray cans you can spray into a jar and use it with a brush or check out an art supply store that carries airbrush paint, there are often light reactive paints available for that medium