PDA

View Full Version : Call for Word Suggestions!

TessDB
01-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Ok, got bazillions of ideas for templates for my web site (no, I don't have it up yet.) but have hit a wall in actually creating them. So I need word suggestions!

I'm wanting to demo the templates/layouts with some universal words/concepts that would work well as prints...

So far, I've got (and completed):
Hope
Joy
Bless

So far I've considered (and discarded as too over-done/trite/repetitive/dime-a-dozen):
Peace
Love
Faith

So what are your touchstone words? Those words that all you need is to read it & you get an emotional gut reaction? And they don't need to be happy-cheery (like hope, joy, & bless). Darker moods need to be represented, too! (I've got an idea for working Push, Pull, & Stand into one piece)

Tess

Merry Scribe
02-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Ok, got bazillions of ideas for templates for my web site (no, I don't have it up yet.) but have hit a wall in actually creating them. So I need word suggestions!

I'm wanting to demo the templates/layouts with some universal words/concepts that would work well as prints...

So far, I've got (and completed):
Hope
Joy
Bless

So far I've considered (and discarded as too over-done/trite/repetitive/dime-a-dozen):
Peace
Love
Faith

So what are your touchstone words? Those words that all you need is to read it & you get an emotional gut reaction? And they don't need to be happy-cheery (like hope, joy, & bless). Darker moods need to be represented, too! (I've got an idea for working Push, Pull, & Stand into one piece)

Tess

Tess the touchstone words that come to mind for me are food, icecream and cookies.:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

Blessed be

Brian

TessDB
02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Tess the touchstone words that come to mind for me are food, icecream and cookies.:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

har har har...

hmmm.... wonder if a knotwork ice cream cone would be too kitschy? :lol:

Tess