PDA

View Full Version : ebay groups again <g>

kjsspot
04-15-2002, 01:18 AM
Hi ya'll. I know this is a dead horse to beat, but I have a slightly different angle on the question this time.

Now as to whether the Ebay groups are beneficial has never really been conclusively answered. But do any of ya'll know of any NEGATIVE things that would be created by belonging to a group? I mean, are there any groups that have developed bad reps that might actually hurt sales? (I'm not looking for names of groups. Just discussing situations)

Thanks!

CarlyHardy
04-15-2002, 02:47 PM
I don't know of any groups that have "bad vibes".

Having said that...I think its important if one is going to be a part of a group, that all the members of the group do try and uphold the best business procedures possible, maintain good feedback overall, and show support towards one another. I'm not talking about whether I like someone's artwork...I'm talking about maintaining integrity no matter what art someone chooses to create. If I were a member of a group, and found the vision and integrity was not what I'd expected, I'd drop out.

I don't think being a member of a group is what makes your artwork more desirable on ebay. Quality will do that. I also don't believe that you have to be a member of some group to become successfull and better known on ebay. I see many artists who have accomplished this without any group affiliation.

A group is a support, especially for new artists just beginning on ebay. [email protected] and [email protected] have a great artist community where members get to know one another, ask questions, and share knowledge about art and auctions with one another. Sort of like here at Wet Canvas!
I can't speak for other groups, but they are well organized and serious about helping one another to succeed as artists selling on ebay.
carly