PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 1/28/07 to 2/03/07

idylbrush
01-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Time to begin a new week.

Ay good gossip out there.

mrs willow
01-28-2007, 04:43 AM
Had some work in an out of town show over the weekend...haven't participated for a few years.It was good to be in it again and to catch up with a few folk whom I haven't seen for some time. Some brilliant works!
No, I didn't sell any ...but if that was the only reason to paint, I wouldn't enjoy it and it wouldn't be as much fun!
Sandy

Charlie's Mum
01-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi you two :wave:

No gossip :crying: .... Sandy - glad you're getting back into the swing :D

I'm caught in more than two minds about my next painting - need a shove in the proverbial to get going! :lol:
What to do, what to do ......... !

objectivistartist
01-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Nothing much yet - sent off two applications for accepting into spring exhibits, one in Sarasota gallery, other here in Tampa's Museum..... will know in March if any or how many and where... trouble is, while the Sarasota one is up to three, they're the same plus two more in the Tampa one - so might have acceptance of sames for both!! If so, prob stick with local [expense of getting them there almost nil, compared to the other place].... meanwhile, rendering more for the future... :D

idylbrush
01-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi you two :wave:

No gossip :crying: .... Sandy - glad you're getting back into the swing :D

I'm caught in more than two minds about my next painting - need a shove in the proverbial to get going! :lol:
What to do, what to do ......... !

So..........do both and work both minds to the enth degree.:lol: :lol: :lol:

idylbrush
01-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Nothing much yet - sent off two applications for accepting into spring exhibits, one in Sarasota gallery, other here in Tampa's Museum..... will know in March if any or how many and where... trouble is, while the Sarasota one is up to three, they're the same plus two more in the Tampa one - so might have acceptance of sames for both!! If so, prob stick with local [expense of getting them there almost nil, compared to the other place].... meanwhile, rendering more for the future... :D

The Sarasota one puts you in my neck of the woods. Let me know how it works out.

objectivistartist
01-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Would like to get there, but at present think the local best for me... perhaps there's another open exhibiting there later in the year?

Charlie's Mum
01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
My mind's still split ..... :crying:
'cept, done a bit of coloured pencil work .......

mrs willow
01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Maureen, coloured pencil is good to use.... :thumbsup: It is easy, clean and you can work anywhere ..relaxing.:thumbsup: I am using colourfix (working smaller)... it eats up the pencils but is wonderful surface to work on.

Charlie's Mum
01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Two minds working on similar lines eh Sandy? :D
Over in the AMAE forum one of the members developed a new club - WOWP - meaning, Weekend of Wrong Paper :lol: ... and I joined it this w/end!!!!
All that work - more layers than acrylics! - and the paper wasn't up to snuff - sheesh .... at my age, I should know better!
Need some colourfix! :D

idylbrush
01-30-2007, 10:13 PM
This stuff never ends. Had to replace a drier in the utility room which meant a bookcase with all of my artbooks had to be relocated. Once I moved it and all the books the openess of the space was so agreeable that I can't begin to put it back, so out to the studio it goes. Off came all the books, wiped each one down, organized by topic and back up on the shelves, after the shelves were cleaned of course.

So, this all disrupted the cleaning frenzy I have been on for about a week and it is almost like starting at ground zero. So, here we go again.

Spent a bit of time sending out the new postcard which arrived late last week. It turned out quite handsomely I think.

I keep hoping that it will arrive with the intended impact.

Have been researching new outlets and sending out packages. Great stuff.

Jeff Rage
01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/jeffrage/Timmy/timmyartb.jpg
Timmy checking out one of my paintings :)

mrs willow
01-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Maureen:I must check out AMAE....sounds challenging to say the least.
Howard: Thank you ...your latest card came today...It looks great :thumbsup:
Jeff:I like this latest abstract....I like Timmy too.:D
Btw...does anyone know anything about giclee prints? I was thinking about getting a couple done.
Sandy

idylbrush
01-31-2007, 07:51 AM
"Btw...does anyone know anything about giclee prints? I was thinking about getting a couple done.
Sandy"

Sandy, I would check with other artists in your area about this. Some have great luck with these while others fail miserably. It can be a double edged sword. One gallery I deal with won't handle giclees while others find it just a regular sales item.

MY work is not condusive to this kind of marketing at the moment. Have sold one of a still life piece a while back but that ended up costing more than I was able to sell it for because I purchased a few extras and never sold another. Many people see them as posters with an exagerated price tag. So, go slowly and invest as little as possible until you see where it is leading. Best of luck.

mrs willow
01-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi Howard:wave: Thanks for that info re giclee prints. I am thinking about starting with two or three for family members, all who have expressed interest in the one painting.... all would like to have it ....don't feel like painting it again , so thought prints might suffice.
I am following up some information I have found on the internet ...the company is close to here ...will let you know what(if anything) develops
Sandy

Charlie's Mum
01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Jeff - that almost looks like a surreal painting of Timmy! .... or a trompe l'oile!

Sandy - I think what Howard mentions has been my understanding too - expensive for the first, getting cheaper the more you order because it's the setting up process which costs. But certainly, some people seem to seel them quite well!..... I was asked (when planning an exhibition) if I had prints to sell too - so.......

Life is quiet in the Cafe this month .... must be the January blues :D ....... missing Jon (Nascent) and JeffM (the other one .... now where is he? Hmmmm.)
Perhaps we need some new caterers :lol: :lol: :lol:

idylbrush
02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
These started to bloom this week. I like 'em.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2007/36241-Fuschia.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2007/36241-Fuschia2.jpg

objectivistartist
02-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice...... ye gonna paint them???????????/

mrs willow
02-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Beautiful Howard ...fushias??(sp) ...like little dancing girls!
Sandy

Charlie's Mum
02-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Little beauties :thumbsup:

chammi kaiser
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Howard those are stunning photos. A few miserable little slightly confused snowdrops blooming here. Confused because we have had such a mild winter and they are not sure whether its time to come out of hiding or not. My garden squirrel is as fat as a butterball because he hasn't hibernated and spends his days eating sunflower seeds out of my birdhouse. Winter food for the birds. Still, it is grey and gloomy here in Hamburg. I am off to Fuerte Ventura for two weeks sunshine - yippee. Sketchbook in hand and a few watercolour pencils. Am presently painting a large acrylic of Fuerte Ventura from sketches after my first visit to this stunning Canary Island. Wish you could all come with me!!!

idylbrush
02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
I am working on the seedlings for the spring garden right now. I have convulvus, tomato, peppers, heliotrope and tritoma seeds planted and all but the tritoma have sprouted. Tritoma can take up to a month to sprout so will see what happens.

The miniature rose decided to bloom recently. A lovely pink with a peach glow.

I am also having to rebuild my front garden because of the county utility work that left my garden in a mess. So, I am going to expand it out and see if I can get more plants out there.

That is part of the reason for some of the seedlings. Neighbor gave me some grasses that will look nice out front as well. So, here goes more work.

Lady Carol
02-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I have a new computer :clap: I have a new computer :clap: I have a new computer :clap:

Yippeeee!!!! Finally a puter that won't crash when I am on WC. Well I hope it won't crash. I got it with Vista too which has some nice features about it.

Did I say I got a new computer? :D

Charlie's Mum
02-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Carol's got a new 'puter, Carol's got a new 'puter, Carol's got a new 'puter......

Congrats :D .... and I hope it's free from crashes too .........

Mine's a year old now, with XP - and frequently crashes - much more often than either of the old ones did! When it re-boots itself, it always sends a report to Microsoft, who say they know about the problem ...etc...etc.... - it's a Realtek Driver problem ..... but if 'they' are all aware of the problem, why hasn't it ben fixed? .....apparently, no update for this driver etc .... YUK, YUK,YUK! ....... My grumble for today :eek:

Was in the middle of writing a reply here when a friend rang - that was about 90mins ago ..... got plenty of :rolleyes: looks from other half as he passed the study ......... so here's my day almost gone, and no painting!
took the dog for a walk in the fields this morning - he found something suitable smelly and horrible to roll in, so had to bath him ...... :lol: - now he's sweet-smelling for a little while :D

It's been a lovely spring-like day and I should have been doing work in the garden I think - but just tidying, ... too early for anything remotely near what you're doing Howard..... though the snowdops are opening and the daffs are about 6" tall .... soon there'll be colour :D

Lady Carol
02-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Carol's got a new 'puter, Carol's got a new 'puter, Carol's got a new 'puter......
:lol: :D

Still hasn't crashed :clap: :clap: and I have been in the RIL filing photos. That is where it usually crashed, when I was doing a bulk actions.

idylbrush
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Great news Carol. Wow, no crashes are a big deal.

objectivistartist
02-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Hmmmmmmm - a new computer.... yes, that's down on the list :rolleyes:...... somewhere... :lol:

And sometime..... :lol: :lol: :lol: