PDA

View Full Version : S&T Saturday, January 27th

lavender56
01-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Yipee, I finished something!! All the fabulous things in this thread lately have inspired me to get going again. This is my piece for this week's WAF, quite a bit more "gaudy" that I've been doing lately - thought it was time for a change, :lol: :p Hopefully, I'll get some more stuff made this weekend with my new Brazil black stone.

BeadTowne
01-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Gorgeous Cheryl, you should do gaudy (it's so not) more often!

framerak
01-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Cheryl, I really like it. I feel like I couldlook at it forever and see something different every second. Good to see you creating again!

~Angela

Shirley C.
01-27-2007, 01:07 AM
cheryl, it's not gaudy at all - i love it!

gbot
01-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Cheryl, I just love this pendant!!!!! I have been studying it and its really put together beatuifully. You have done a great job. Its not gaudy, its a very beautiful necklace.

gbot
01-27-2007, 02:23 AM
I purchased some cording for my pendants. So tomorrow I'll finish them off and work on some more. I have been looking into making other flowers besides roses. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Here is another pendant of mine.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2007/44165-CoralRose_07.jpg

celticheart
01-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Okay, y'all want gaudy...here is something I did late the other night...maybe I shouldn't have? I wore it as a choker necklace over a black turtleneck with the collar up yesterday (it's memory wire and just right in length) and in the middle of the day switched it to a bracelet. Worked great both ways. It's a little more lavendar on the long beads than it shows.
Carly (CC)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2007/94909-jewerly_007.jpg

Gypsy*
01-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Good grief! I’m amongst early birds! It’s just after 8:00 AM here and so much has been posted already! (((Yawn!)))

Cheryl, That pendant is gorgeous! You’ll be needing my address to send it to me...:lol:

Gladys, Your rose pendant is so delicate-looking, very sweet!

Carly, That’s not gaudy, that’s delicious! Great idea, memory wire is so versatile!

I finally gave up trying to get my necklace “right”, I’ve been working on it forever, and it’s just a simple strung piece. I’m working at the bead store today, so maybe I’ll see some “just right” beads to swap out so I like it a bit better. If not, ya’ll can see the beast the way it is... but not until tomorrow. DH wants to play with my DSL today, which means I might not get back on until tomorrow...:mad:

~Sylvia~

Shadesongs
01-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Cheryl, that's not gaudy! My first reaction was HOLY [email protected] THAT IS COOL! I love LOVE LOVE IT! Can I add it to my file of ideas? That is something like I was trying to do in the shape of a fairy wing.....COOL!!!
Carly, I bet that looked stunning against a black t-neck, I think memory wire is fun to play with! I tried the little beads at the end, and ended up gluing myself to the bead, and nothing to the wire! Great Beads!
Gladys, I can't believe how you make those tiny roses, they are so realistic, and the leaves are great. I bet you are having fun with that. Perfect for spring (come on spring!)
Jerry

claire.c
01-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Cheryl, that piece is beautiful, I saw it in the WAF and was really impressed with how well it fitted the theme in style as well as colour.

Gladys, beautiul frosted subtle colours, I've not come across that clay, I'll look out for it - the effects are lovely.

Carly, I love that piece, how clever to have multiple use jewellery.

Shadesongs
01-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I am posting this again, just to see if anyone knows what stone it is? My sister called and loves it and wanted to know what stone it was to look for...it was an early buy at a bead show, and I thought "Oh I can remember that" Yeah Right! Tip, write it down!!
Have a great one, finishing up with the charm bracelet exchange and getting packed for AZ!! Can't wait....be patient...Jerry

lavender56
01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much for the kind comments on my necklace! I think I'm going to try some more of these.

Gladys - I love those pendants you're doing - just right for spring! Can't wait to see what other flowers you do!

Carly - great necklace/bracelet - I love the combination of materials there, especially those leaves. Very cool that it can be either a necklace or a bracelet. I've never tried memory wire, might have to give it a go one of these days.

Hi Jerry - thanks!! I think it would work great for your fairy wing idea. I used 24 gauge wire for the beads, but 26 works well, too. I read an interview that Eni Oken did last year, and she compared her technique to "sewing" beads on with wire, and that idea really worked for me - gave me a million ideas about attaching things to various shapes. That pendant you're wondering about looks a little like some of the imperial jasper that I have. It defnitely looks like some kind of jasper, maybe yellow picture jasper. There's so many jaspers out there - I think they just make up new ones to confuse us!

I'd better get going on my shower and coffee if I'm going to do anything today. See you all later!

carebear
01-27-2007, 10:46 AM
morning all..

and here i slept in until 9:30, and there's tons of posts already! yippee!

cheryl...great idea, i agree..i could look at it for hours and find new things all the time....beautiful...

gladys..i love your pendants...they are just awesome! beautiful colors and the roses are perfect..

carly...neat necklace/bracelet! i bet it looks great against black..

jerry..sorry, the only stone i know of that color is mookite..

simple necklace from me today....glass heart from Thomas Ragghianti on WC done in dark blue with swirls of lighter blue and tan...on a snake chain

carrie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2007/48453-blackheart_snake.jpg

Dana T
01-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Cheryl, it's fantastic! It's very Mardi Gras - I love it. NOT gaudy!

Gladys, I love your flower pendants. They are so intricate and the colors remind me that spring will come. Even when it's -28c like it was here the other night. BRRY!

CC - Another not gaudy gorgeous piece. I love the colors and the glass tubes. I've never worked with tubes but everyone seems to love them and so I need to get some! (Note to self. Get tubes and some leaves.)

Sorry, Jerry, I have no idea on your stone. But jasper was my first thought too. I LOVE the necklace though.

Jewelry for me today, no more webwork. My brain is going to explode.

gbot
01-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Carrie, beautiful bead and you put it together so nice, just to showcase the bead! Great work.

Carly, Great necklace/bracelet! I love the colors of it.

Hi Maggie, Shirley, Angela, Claire, Dana, and all those to follow. Thanks for the great reviews on the Rose pendants. They are such fun to put together. A little piddley, lots of little steps, but fun anyway.

Jerry, That stone in the pendant is a jasper of some sort, Imperial jasper might be it, then Carrie added Mookite to the equation (shrugging shoulders) don't know, maybe, without seeing it I don't get true color on my monitor so its hard for me to say. Sure looks like a jasper to me. I have so many different types of jasper and they are all different. My Imperial has variated shades of color with maybe a darker line here and there running through the stone. Wear it to Tucson and find out there, you're on a mission girl!!

Andee
01-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Cheryl - a great piece and absolutely perfect for the WAF!

Gladys - beautiful pendant, so fragile and romantic! I like the ones you posted yesterday, too!

CC - cool design, I like the contrast between the huge curved beads and the fragile leaves!

Jerry - love your tie-necklace! Could the stone be mookaite?

Carrie - simple works best for this lovely heart, I think!

River Moon
01-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Carrie, BEAUTIFUL! The simplicity of the snake chain really sets off the Thomas Ragghianti heart bead. Perfect combination.

Jerry, Love all the colors you used in the necklace. No idea what kind of stone...Sure it's not shell?

Gladys, Lovely rose pendants.

Cheryl, Your work makes me thing of spring, as well as Gladys' pendants. Love the wirework and that the focal work is offset in the frame. Very creative use of space.

My S&T: I attended a workshop by Tracy Stanley on Thursday. She showed us how to cage a beautiful antique Austrian crystal. I've seen work like this done by Sharilyn Miller...I think? I'll attach what I made below. Enjoy!!
Linda

Front
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2007/56140-Caged_Crystal_Front-1.jpg

Back
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2007/56140-Caged_Crystal_Back-1.jpg

gbot
01-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Linda, That is so pretty!!!!! Thanks for showing the back of it, I was wondering how you held it all together. I think I will have to try that, I have a couple of those crystals in my stash, waiting for something special, I think this is it! Thank you Linda, its gorgeous!!

River Moon
01-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks Gladys! The crystal I used was around 25mm across...Pretty large. It has a hole in it, but I made sure one of the spirals covered it up on the front. I took a Lynne Merchant class years ago, when she taught basket weaving with wire, and this was a lot like that.

lavender56
01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Wow, Linda, that's gorgeous! What a great wire technique, haven't seen that before!

I'm posting one more today - this is a simple bracelet I made for myself (I wear a lot of black) to use up some two-holed beads I got by mistake. This is that matte finish Brazil black stone I was talking about in the WIA earlier. Off to do Saturday chores now....

carebear
01-27-2007, 03:26 PM
linda...definately a wowzer! really neat...i admire people who can wire wrap!

cheryl...awesome! i wear a lot of black too (unless I'm trying to sell a blue/pink/brown piece of jewelry!) and that's just really my style...

great job today peoples!

carrie

River's Song Art Jewelry
01-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Cheryl I love that bracelet-the silver beads are beautiful-also love your artsy pendant!

So many beautiful things today!

Carrie-love that heart. I haven't done anything for Valentine's Day-did not have much luck with Christmas things I made so I think I'm giving up on particular holiday things-although hearts are always good!

celticheart
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Love the bracelet, Cheryl; really cool.
CC

River Moon
01-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, Cheryl, I love the black and silver bracelet too. I love the Brazilian stone beads. I like that they don't have a perfect sheen to them, more of a semi-matte finish. They're a real complement next to more ornate silver. Great Work!!!
Linda

Shadesongs
01-27-2007, 09:03 PM
WOW oh WOW, beautiful S&T today! I love the wire wrapped crystal, how the wire is part of the design. I was looking at the back but not smart enough to figure it out!
Cherly that bracelet looks like it came out of the Sundance catalog! Very classy! I think you should do a turtoial on the pendant! I just love it!
I had to smile about wearing my necklace to Tucson, that is why I made it. You have to show off your creations! but I am thinking impreal jasper also, I don't think it's shell, it almost should like a fine porclien when it bumps the pearls. ??!!

Shadesongs
01-27-2007, 09:09 PM
This is my show and tell for today! The before with my cat spazy guarding the beads, and after, ready to ship! :wave:

Gypsy*
01-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Fabulous S&T today! I'm really impressed, you guys... Wow!
I'm just running through to catch up with everyone. I still don't have any idea how to make that darned necklace (that I'm trying to string) look the way I'd like it to. I'm not gibving up, yet.
Jerry, I have a kitty that looks like a twin to yours, and her name is Heidi. She even has the same white spot onher chest!
~Sylvia~

Shadesongs
01-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Jerry, I have a kitty that looks like a twin to yours, and her name is Heidi. She even has the same white spot onher chest!
~Sylvia~
CUTE! He was orginally named Shadow, since he looked just like his Mom, Avalon. She had gotten out 2 weeks before getting fixed and I knew she was pregant when she came home the next morning. So she had 3 babies, and a lady wanted two of them, and I convinced my husband (who let her out) to let us keep him. But we kept saying Look at that Spazy cat, he was totally psyco! One time he did get out, he was going nuts chasing leaves. So we changed his name to spazy. We got strange looks when we took him to get neutered, but when we picked him up the next day, the nurse said she understood why. He tried to eat her salad when she had him out with her!
Have a great one!
Jerry

Andee
01-28-2007, 04:43 AM
Linda - very neat work, and the crystal is spectacular!

Cheryl - very beautiful and elegant! I'm not fond of two-hole-beads, but these are yummy!

Jerry - let the others have the boxes full of goodies, I'll take the cat! ;) What a cutie!

gbot
01-28-2007, 11:24 AM
CHeryl, Love your bracelet, very elegant!!!

claire.c
01-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Carrie, lovely heart, simple and sweet.

Linda, that is a pretty setting, is the stone pointed at the back?

Cheryl, elegant combination, black and silver can't fail.

Jerry, you have worked way beyond the call of duty. Hope Spazy didn't interfere.