PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Yarnell Videos

wetone
01-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Hello,

I have browsing this forum for a few days, and just registered today. I have bought couple of Jerry Yarnell's books, and have made 2 paintings, that my family thinks are great. I would like to see him paint, and learn. I know Mr. Yarnell's show still runs on PBS, but unfortunately it is not available in my area. I cannot afford to buy his DVD's (even from Ebay).

Here is my question: I am sure a lot of you have taped his show in multiple VCR tapes, and they are catching dust somewhere in the basement. If it indeed is catching dust, and is of no use to you, I was wondering if I could buy them at a reasonable price.

I am not sure if there is a way to send PM to me or not, but let me know. Also, let me know if I am totally off by doing this, and that there is another option.

Again, great forum, and thanks.

screechin
01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
i like to watch jerry yarnell too. i've ordered one of his books and the video that goes with it (the "Basics" book). if you have satellite tv with dishnetwork, his pbs show is aired twice each saturday on BYUTV (channel 9403) out of Utah. my local pbs station (i live in alabama) doesn't carry any painting shows other than the one stroke lady (forgot her name, sorry). but someone else told me about being able to get yarnell on the utah pbs station thru dishnetwork.

yarnell's videos and dvd's are a little pricey (i think) but each month they run a special on his products on his website, so maybe you can catch a deal, at least i'm hoping i can anyway.

wish i could help more. good luck.

wetone
01-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks. I do not have satellite. Just basic cable, and our cable provider does not offer his shows. Thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye on his website.

gurleygirl
01-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Where do you live? I can get him on digital cable.
Tracey

wetone
01-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Kentucky. Zip code 42240. We have charter basic. I had called customer service, and they told me they do not have it. Thanks for doing this.

gurleygirl
01-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I just sent you a PM

idcrisis55
01-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I just sent you a private message too about Jerry's videos. :)

sekulastudio
01-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Check with Smartflix. They have a great library to choose from. Also, check with your local library. Many books, videos, dvds and articles can be borrowed through interlibrary loan. I do it all the time!

idylbrush
01-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Have you considered your local library. I know our local has video and can order in some videos and get them in a few days. It would be an inexpensive alternative, as in no cost.

wetone
01-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks. Smartflix is a great source. I like this one. It

wetone
01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks. Smartflix is a great source. I like this one. It does not have all the shows, but I believe the introductory DVDs are a must. Thanks,

Artist1955
01-27-2007, 12:47 AM
You can rent his DVD's from http://smartflix.com. go under arts and craft's then painting: Acrylics. Make sure you get Terry Isaac's DVD on painting Wildlife in Acrylic fantastic DVD lots of info.

Enjoy