PDA

View Full Version : Which program do I use an how do I?????

Cheryl C
01-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone :wave: ,

I hope this is the correct place to ask this.
I was wondering if anyone could answer my questions? I want to photograph my artwork to put on the net. What I am trying to figure out is how to crop the picture and put it into another picture of a room like a living room, kitchen, bedroom etc. Also, I need to know where to get the pictures of the rooms that I can use. I bought photoshop Elements and am clueless. :confused:

Many Thanks in advance for any help...

Cheryl

barryt
01-24-2007, 11:04 AM
You have all you need, plus a digital camera. You have a steep learning curve ahead though. Simply put it's a case of sliding your picture into the room picture, adjusting ist's size and shape to fit the perspective. You can also put a virtual frame around it. Other people I'm sure will tell you more

madster
01-24-2007, 11:32 AM
You will need to do some reading.
These applications are not one-click and you're done.
Before anything else, you need to read, learn, and understand about Selections.

If you check, there are probably Tutorials included with your Photoshop Elements. You should start with those, and do them.

You should also go to www.adobe.com , the company that made the software. They have a VERY extensive Training area, found under Support, at the top of their menu bar.

If you follow those two readily available resources, you will learn as much or as little as you need to do want you want to with Photoshop Elements, or any other Adobe produce.

Happy learning!
~M

Cheryl C
01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Thank you barryt and Madster for your advise...I guess I need to do a lot of reading... :lol:

sanbase
01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I have one tool that "one-click and you're done".

"The dynamic painting as a creative tool.

Many retired people tend to try themselves in fine art. They get more free time and they wish to leave good memories after them. Some people go into poetry, some try painting or sculpture. But the fine art requires some technical hints and skills that only come with years of practice. Things like that are quite uneasy for many. For people like that there is the dynamic painting that can create impressive images with no necessity to spend time and efforts to study fine art. The matter is, the dynamic painting generates billions of images that never repeat each other. The only task for an artist is to capture the one he suggests the best and then possibly to adjust it using some program's built-in tools. Then with a single key click the picture gets saved on a computer's hard drive with a resolution of 12000 x 8700 pix. Such a picture can be brought to a print shop and print it out on paper or canvas with the dimension of up to 28'' x 38''. The most important thing is, this picture is unique, i.e. nobody else will never have any picture exactly like this one.
The overall style of the picture is defined by a basic dynamic painting, i.e. purchasing plug-ings of various dynamic paintings an artist would be able to create static images in different styles."

What do you think about?

some explanation is here:

madster
01-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Sanbase,
You need to stop pushing your program so hard here at Wet Canvas.

Your "one-click" easy application does NOT do what Cheryl is attemping.
All it does, is take an image, and apply it back onto itself, with various algorithms creating what you define as a "dynamic effect."

Your executable does NOTHING to help someone select a portion of an image, crop, or paste that selection into another image, and make it look "natural."

Your application produces results that are FAR from natural.
Please stop SPAMming the boards here.

~M

sanbase
01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Sanbase,
You need to stop pushing your program so hard here at Wet Canvas.

Your "one-click" easy application does NOT do what Cheryl is attemping.
All it does, is take an image, and apply it back onto itself, with various algorithms creating what you define as a "dynamic effect."

Your executable does NOTHING to help someone select a portion of an image, crop, or paste that selection into another image, and make it look "natural."

Your application produces results that are FAR from natural.
Please stop SPAMming the boards here.

~M

Do you know the term "Generative Art"? Look at wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generative_art. Digital Art is not only a Photoshop, believe me.:)

Smokin
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299672

As far as the photos you can use, do searches for stock photos.

GL