PDA

View Full Version : finding supplies!!

Ltaniea
01-24-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm in shock that there's actually a forum dedicated to scratch board? You know how many people don't even know what it is??!?!?! I am a Canadian moved to New Zealand last week, and although I haven't had too much time to search, I'm already having a very hard time finding a place where I could find blackened clayboard. The only supplier I know of is Ampersand in the States, and getting that here could be difficult. Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone else? Or would I really have to have some shipped from them?!?

Bertoni
01-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the Forum!!!
You might try www.dickblick.com. They carry Ampersand Claybord.
They're an excellent art supply house that am sure would send to NZ.
Hope you'll be posting your scratchboard work here on the forum soon!!

Diana Lee
01-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Hello and welcome. I hate to sound like a comercial, but Dick Blick is having a 40% off their claybord right now and that might help balance the cost of shipping.

Diana

Bertoni
01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
WOW Diana! You can't beat that 40% off at Blick. I think I'll go order me some more Claybords!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Obedec
01-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Me too! There was someone, Eliza? who lived down there and she had the same problem...ended up ordering from Dick Blick...Jerry's shipping costs were higher.
Karen

Trilby
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Welcome to our forum. Perhaps if you know other artists you can put together a joint order and share shipping from Dick Blilck. In the states shipping is free with an order of $250. I don't know about international shipping. It would be worth checking out.
TJ