PDA

View Full Version : Vector Portrait Woman

omniartz
01-24-2007, 12:37 AM
The Grey Woman:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2007/69150-0_greywoman1Asml.jpg

:wave:

LadyAlba
01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I like this Kirk! Looks like you are moving along with the vectors! :clap: :wave:

omniartz
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Marge, thanks! Yes I am trying to build a group of images of this sort. It is really enjoyable and makes you really look at your subject for just where you put the vector pieces to produce a meaningful work.

Have you visited the New OMNIARTZ.COM? I have added a Gallery of my 23 year old son's digital photograpy. Have a look see if you want! :)

madster
01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Kirk, you need to get that flashlight out of that poor lady's face, and give her something better than textured concrete for hair!
She's got GREAT detailing of the features though. Not too many lines, not too few, not too thick/thin.
You also need to give her a proper set of shoulders. She looks like you've decapitated her, and stuck her on a decomposing green iceberg left over from Al Gore's film... ;)

You really are starting to get this vector portrait thing down, quite well, and I always enjoy seeing your lastest works!
~M

omniartz
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Maddy! I see what you mean about the 'flashlight' effect. I think the hair is more like oatmeal with lots of cinnamon! :lol: I am having a great time with this series! :)

barryt
01-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Yes I can see the improvement in your technique Kirk, I look forward to seeing February! (Will look at the site)

justjean
01-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Kirk I really like everything about her .. except for the hair, the texture is too strong IMHO :) Keep on going your really moving forward by leaps and bounds, now off to look at son's photography

omniartz
01-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks, Barry and Jean. I continue to work at vectoring and I am really having a good time with it. I'm certain you will enjoy my son's photography, but then again I'm the Proud Dad! :lol: :)