PDA

View Full Version : Search engine optimization

SherChristopher
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi, I've just got my website up and running and getting the website seen is now the battle. However when I search on Google (my main search engine) for art or sculpture Artspan are not coming up in the first three pages and most like me, I would assume, would not look that much further, so how are you increasing your search engine visibility? :wave:

cedarartworld
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
you got that title right. Well, that's every good site's owner's little secret, that they are normally unwilling to share.

For the basics, you have 2 main types of SEO

Onsite SEO
Off site SEO

KPACKA
07-22-2009, 11:14 AM
1. Sign up for google/analytics.
They will track the traffic on your webpage so you can see who is looking at your website, for how long , from where..and by which keywords, and so on.
You can learn a lot from those reports on what you need to improve on your website.
2. Add meta- tags to your html with the relevant keywords, that will help the search engines to find you .
3. Post on lots of forums(haha) , that will create more traffic for you, thus you will be more valuable for google and will be getting higher in ranks.

--
http://www.krasik.net

dsargent
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
There are some sites out there which share some very helpful info about SEO too. SEOmoz.org is very good & most importantly, a very trustworthy resource of "White Hat" SEO tactics.

(You have to be careful not to do things that Google & the others will actually blacklist you for! Those are techniques that fall under "Black Hat" SEO. If Google & the others catch on when people are doing Black Hat SEO, they totally remove that website from their search index...)

pureartspace
03-20-2010, 06:27 AM
I think google analystic is a real good tool . Espescailly good for me to choose the right keyword to advise on the google ADS

Taraboom
03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Getting your site to be visible in SE searches is a very long and tedious work.
In the nutshell you need to have many links to your web site from other pages - very long and tedious work. Some companies would do this work for you, but I'm assuming this is not cheap. Beware of sites that offer to get you on the first page of Google instantly and for a modest fee - this is scam.

brygidaray
02-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Search optimization is the best way to increase traffic on the website and get quality backlink.There are many different type of search engines are available on the internet like Google,yahoo,bing.Mostly people like to search on search engines and it help to generate traffic on the website.

cedarartworld
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Well, i do think wetcanvas and their partners like artspan have done a lot as far as SEO is concerned. And with Google focusing on quality content over insane backlinking, it only gets better.

adamBomb
11-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Content is king. Have tons and tons of content and your site will slowly get picked up more often. Once you have the content, the web spiders will find y our site and people will start linking to it. This is the best and only sure way to move up in the results. There are many other tricks out there but without content its not going to work and maintain its position.

Good clean code, meta tags, site map, etc are all also very helpful but without content they are useless.

annakieu541
11-19-2018, 01:09 AM
I think google analystic is a real good tool .

arohi56
01-09-2019, 03:46 AM
Search Engine Optimization is the process of getting organic rank by writing unique content and it also increases the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.