PDA

View Full Version : Digi Cat

cyber_holic
01-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey all. :wave:

Haven't posted my own work for a while, the work load is growing continuously so i took a break and did a bit of digital art on a pic of my cat!(well he's my brothers but guess who feeds him, grooms him, cleans his teeth, his tray...etc will my brother is at uni :rolleyes: :p )
I tried a pic of him in acrylics whihc went horribly wrong but hey, i picked up the digi paintbrushes and this didnt turn out too bad, so i thought I'd share it.

Tell me what you think! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/60220-TABMINIP2.JPG

Thanks! Peace out!

Mel :heart:

jody007
01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
It beautiful Mel Love those eyes.
Jody

Anja_K
01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I like this a lot :) It's very expressive! Well done!

cyber_holic
01-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks Jody and Anja! I really appreciate your taking time to comment!
I'm glad you like! The eyes took a while to paint in but hey, they have a good effect. Thanks again! You guys rock! :D

SharonBlakey
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Loving the detail in those eyes, they definitely get your attention ;)

FaeLynn
01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
HI Mel :-)
I love it, you know what, he'd be great on a t-shirt. This reminds me of the art you see for playbills, such as Les Miserables. Cool!
Could you explain digi art? Is that like Paintbrush?
~Fae Lynn

PatrickHedges
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I like it too, great work

cyber_holic
01-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Ah! Sorry guys! I totally missed your posts! This forum moves so fast these days!
Sharon, thanks for commenting, I really appreicate it! He's a hansome little monster!
Patrick, thanks, I appreciate your taking time to comment, I'm glad you like it!
Fae Lynn, thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it! Good point, i thought it looked like something I'd seen before! If I got enough interest I might do something like that, hmm thanks for the idea!
Digital art, hmm, how do i decribe this, it uses programs like 'Photoshop' you can use 'paintbrushes'; 'airbrushes', all sorts of different equipment but within just one program. So you can create or take a picture, and on the computer this image is put into millions of little dots, called pixels. So all those pixels together make up the picture, kinda like painting. So I can sit here and read wetcanvas and do some digital art in another window :D
So yeah you paint in these 'pixels' kinda like dots, but with 'paintbrushes' so they cover more than one dot at a time. And you can add pre set effects, such as if you have a colour photo, you can just drop the saturation of the colour and it becomes monochrome. Its all quite fun stuff. I'm sure people over in the digital art forum will be able to help you more! I'm sorry that probably doesnt help much, I havent explained it very well! Hope that kinda helps, maybe, maybe not! Sorry!

SweetHuia
01-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Lol , I'd never have the patience to do that with photoshop :)

You've done a great job, those eyes look like they've been done with watercolour!

Rach

brushstroke
01-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep, have to agree - those eyes are fantastic Mel! Great work!! :)

Barry.

cyber_holic
01-27-2007, 01:34 PM
*BLUSH* :o Gee, thanks guys!

Rach thanks for commenting, i really appreciate it! LOL! :lol: I know, I'm not sure how I put up with it myself i did do a version where i just melded layers, and rubbed through but that turned out to be more frustrating then just painting it!
Barry thanks for taking time to read and comment too! Thanks! *blushes again* :o

You guys rock!

Ceci
02-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi Mel, just back to WC after too many weeks in the hospital. I love your cat, and you know I'm a fan or your work. I hope to post something soon, maybe today. Keep up the good work
Ceci

cyber_holic
02-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Ceci, welcome back! Great to hear you're on the mend! Thanks, *blush*! You guys are too good to me! I hope to see more of your work soon!