PDA

View Full Version : WIA Sunday, January 21, 2007

Andee
01-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Hi all!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/29310-flickrtoday.jpg

I'm all outbabbled from yesterday's catching up (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5319165&postcount=9), and it's sunday anyway...

Enjoy your day! :wave:

Barrie
01-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Good morning!!! It's 1:40 am here and I have insomnia. Again - been having it quite a bit lately. I just can't seem to sleep at night. But if I stop moving during the day and sit down in the recliner, I'm out like a light! LOL So I quit sitting there, need to sleep at night! Argh!!!!!

Anyway, Andee, another stunning picture!! I love the pansy from yesterday - fly and all!!! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!

Shadesongs
01-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Barrie, I was up till the same time but it was after working 3-11pm and talking to my sister for an hour and a half. We are going to visit my mom in a week, who just happen to move to Tucson AZ last year!! So I was telling her what shows I want to go to, and planning things out!
Andee, I love the photo. I always end up with WOW, when I see your photos. Just a question, how is marco measured and or explained? My boss and I were having a discussion on it, he has a canon rebel dslr, and I have a SLR of the same brand. One of my lens says macro but it;s a 60mm to 300mm zoom lens with a marco button, but it's different from his specific Marco lens. Just wondering when I seen your photo made me think it of.
Nothing on the radar for me today, I am off, and just want to read the paper, maybe take in a Movie (In pursuit of Happyness) and be a bum. Although right now I am waiting for the washer to finish so I can do my darks (uniforms) for the week upcoming!
have a wonderful day!

Andee
01-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Barrie - hope you got some sleep after all! I did a lot of tossing and turning last night, too...

Jerry - good question, I don't know enough of the tech stuff really to explain it. I think it's macro when it shows the object at least 1:1 if not larger. There are so many different macro lenses, I'm sure your lense isn't not macro just coz it's different from your boss' lense. (I have a 70 - 300 mm lense that I use as telephoto lense which has a "macro button". I don't use it as macro, tho. My macro lense is 105 mm.)

BeadTowne
01-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi Dawn, Surgery is Wednesday. Almost there! Enjoy working at the bead shop. Do you ever teach classes there?

Charissa, We went to a movie (The Queen) instead of the Huntington. It is a wonderful, gorgeous place. I'm a member, but haven't gone as much lately as I used to. If you are ever this way, I'll be glad to take you!

Gladys, Glad to see you back. Sorry you are so sick. Stay cozy and drink lots of fluids.

Andee, Glad you were headache free yesterday and hope for more of the same today. They can ruin a day.

Barrie, Have you had amnesia most of your life? I don't get it as often as I used to, but it started for me as far back as I can remember. I used to pretend I was asleep when my parents came in my room. My mind wanders too much at night. Hope you get some sleep at night tonight.

Dana, I keep forgetting to say hello and how wonderful "your cats" are. What an amazing job you have. Hope those coyotes stay away from your and your neighbor's dogs.

Gypsy*
01-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Fiona, No, Iím not yet used to the bits of light copper-red mixed among the blonde highlights in my hair yet. Iím giving it another few days, and if I canít ďloveĒ it, Iím going to get rid of the reds.
I hope youíre enjoying your new TV! We got a new 42Ē flat screen late last year, and what a difference from the old tube one!

Maggie, It sounds like you enjoyed you time at the movies. Isnít it fun to get out with friends!

Charissa, did you get your decorations put away? Now we can all get ready for Valentine's Day...

Gladys, hope youíre over the virus by now!. Try a hot toddy...

Dana, A coyote!!! Yikes! Keep an eye on that pup of yours! My daughter has a German Shepherd named Guiness.

Barrie, it sounds like your days and nights are reversed! Maybe you should sleep in the recliner at night?

Yesterday I did some house cleaning, and feel like I barely put a dent in it. My DH picked yesterday to move the bedroom furniture around, and although we seem to have a wee bit of extra room now, I hate the arrangement, and he already moved the cables to the TV in there and now I canít ask him to move it back... One of my male cats is upset, and marking his ďdispleasureĒ in various places and I have to figure out who and why... Our outdoor backyard feral kitty isnít feeling well, and she wonít eat or come near us... Last night we had gone to dinner with our best friends, and had a lot of fun... Today Iím goofing off again and trying to do some bead stringing... Hope everyone has a good day today!

Hi to Dawn, Andee, and anyone else who comes by...
:wave: ~Sylvia~

sassybird
01-21-2007, 11:55 AM
:wave:Andee

Barrie, I have had the same problem. There have been a few times when I woke up in the chair and it was already morning. Kind of disorients me.

Maggie, was the movie good? I have seen a lot of trailers but not the movie. I don't get out your way that often, but I will keep you in mind the next time that I do:)

Sylvia, I got some of them put away and got all my gifts in their new homes, so the tree comes down today. I want to rearrange my living room sometime soon. My husband moved the tv and the cables before he passed away, so I am stuck with that, but I can change the couch and chair around. I have a new area rug to put down that matches my couch and chair perfectly. A friend is coming over to move the furniture and help me put the rug down.

Dawnt0721
01-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Good morning!

Andee - oh I love love love today's pic! Hope your Sunday has been good.

:wave: Barrie - sounds like my mom, lol. She comes home from work and naps on the couch and then stays up and watches tv all night.

Maggie - no I don't teach classes there. The owner and her daughter pretty much teach all the basics classes. The specialty classes that I would have a clue how to teach all already have teachers. Back when I was doing some wire sculpture she mentioned she would like me to teach that but I didn't care for it much so that never panned out.

Sylvia - yay on your housecleaning progress! Have you ever heard of Flylady? I can't seem to keep up with her but she has great methods for cleaning and organizing one step at a time.

Charissa - have fun rearranging! It's one of my favorite things to do.

Of course it snowed again today. Which means it will be a pain driving to and from town (for work) and it will be dead in the store. Last Sunday I had two (yep that's 2!) whole customers. Hopefully today will be busier since tomorrow is not a holiday. Ah well.

Have a great day all!

BeadTowne
01-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Charissa, I was planning on saying more about The Queen, but was up too early. Here I am after sleeping two more hours!

The Queen was excellently done. I was surprised at how much emotion was brought back watching some of the actually footage and portrayal of all that happened surrounding Diana. I was teary eyed during at least four scenes.

Helen Mirren was amazing and deserved that Golden Globe. You also see some of the things the queen enjoy that you wouldn't imagine, like driving a Range Rover by herself through the woods. Where were her bodyguards? She is fiercely independent.

TheBlueBetween
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
hi everyone :) Not much going on and not very chatty today (or yesterday).

HOpe you are all having a great weekend :)

Pam

Dana T
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Sylvia - how funny, another dog named Guinness! I don't think I've ever heard of another one. My Guinness is never outside alone, or not in his dog yard. I promise the coyotes won't get him, I won't let them.

Hi Maggie, here are some more cat photos from yesterday for everyone. My husband, Andrzej, took them. The tiger is Nadi, the same tiger I posted about a week ago. Tigers love snow! The cougar is a BIG male, Tonka, and he has spectacular blue eyes. Tonka is a *sweetheart*! Obviously we've had a lot of snow the last few days.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/98336-naddie_snow_1.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/98336-tonka_snow.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/98336-naddie_snow_2.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/98336-naddie_snow_3.jpg

TheBlueBetween
01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
wow Dana! Love that last one - looks like Nadi was having fun. Tonka is beautiful... you have a great, great job!

gbot
01-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Dana, Love the photos, love Tonka, our cat has blue eyes like that.

Andee, Lovely picture again. I have to go back and print off the ones that I don't have. You take such incredible pictures and thanks for sharing them with us.

Thanks for the well wishes from those who thought of me. Sorry to say, still sick!!!! I'm going into the walkin clinic. Now I have the sore throat, and sneezing dripping nose along with the temp and aches. It just plain sucks!

Yesterday there was a two hour span that I really didn't feel too bad so I worked on some new pendants. Hopefully later I'll get up enough energy to paint them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

claire.c
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone
My cold is finally going, and I'm faced with a massive amount of stuff to do. Tomorrow I'll be back at work with a vengeance, and dance class in the evening for the first time since Christmas.
I've finally sorted out pics, I got David to take some more because the originals were too bad. I'm in full costume (but I couldn't be bothered to do the makeup), one of my hair cauls isn't in place properly so you'll have to forgive that. The other is a close up of boots and tiara, the tiara is only bent wire but worked fine for stage, the director wanted a spider theme.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/66709-morgana.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2007/66709-pointy.jpg

We still haven't found a replacement MD, we had a girl go through one of the songs with us on Friday but we need someone to arrange the orchestra, teach us the songs and play the piano (the score is horrendous). I have a strong feeling we have bitten off more than we can chew.

Dawn, stocktaking is just such a pain, I have to get on with ours tomorrow now I am recovering. I've tried having bin cards and checking off when stuff is taken out, but its not foolproof. We haven't had any snow yet, it has been very mild. February is when it usually hits us.

Cheryl, I was so sad to hear about your Dad, no matter how much these things are expected the grief is still the same. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories to treasure. Now this stressful time is passing it is lovely to hear you are feeling creative again. I'm sure lighter evenings make us feel better, Spring is my favourite time of year.

Pam, I think it is always harder to decorate your own house than someone else's. You have such excellent colour sense, I'm sure you will find something you are happy with eventually. Maybe if you base it around a particular feature, a piece of furniture or art, rather than defining a style. Our holiday cottage is in Normandy, we have stayed there a couple of times and it suits us well.

Charissa, Deb's present sounds fantastic, how lovely to have a friend with similar tastes. It's always hard to find homes for new stuff isn't it, I bet you'll be glad to get everything put away.

Sylvia, yay for the new look, sometimes it's just what you need. I don't envy you the cleaning, my house is a total mess and really needs the full treatment too.

Barrie, great news on your son's new job, and even better that he can walk to work. It was brave of him to sort things out, not easy for youngsters (or us oldies come to that).

Maggie, good to hear the pre-op went well. I'd go for total removal I think, after all the other one is still there so there shouldn't be too much hormonal upheaval. I haven't seen The Queen, I'm not much interested in the royal family, although I am sure it is well acted, Helen Mirren is very talented.

Fiona, what a splendid ship. David is asking lots of questions about it, he always does when it is something maritime.

Gladys, hope your cold shifts faster than mine has. Enjoy the craft programmes while you can!

Andee, good to hear you've conquered the headaches. We've had storms here too but not over much damage. I enjoyed watching Gilbert Grape and agree that LdC was amazing, he's been going downhill ever since I think! Beautiful petals in that photo today.

Dana, those tiger pics are amazing, especially the one who looks about to pounce.

Jerry, sounds like you're going to have a fun trip. Enjoy your day off.

Barrie
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Good afternoon all! I'm having a lazy day. Not good! LOL! I nodded off in the chair again, but dh sent me downstairs to bed. Not that I'm going to go to bed (during the daytime, if I lay down on the bed, Bongo - my parrot - drives me batty because he won't stay off the bed). So I'm going to work on bead show stuff (need to get the applications out asap), then input some of the many email addresses that need to be done. By then, I should be ready for dinner then an early bedtime! LOL

Maggie, I had to chuckle, it was insomnia last night, not amnesia! LOL What made me laugh is that if you knew me, you'd know that I forget eveything! LOL! Wonder how you knew htat! :)

Dana, okay, now I'm SERIOUSLY in love!!! Tonka is so handsome!!! I hae a serious cat addiction! LOL! Nadi looks so playful! I have to say I'm glad you guys got the snow and not us again! :)

Claire, I LOVE your costume! The tiara is perfect for the outfit! :)

Gladys, sorry youy're still sick! Hope you feel better soon!

I'm going to have to comment more later, my headache is pounding (did I mention I woke up with a headache?) and I think I will have to pass on the computer work!! Hope you all have a great afternoon - I'm going to go RELAX!! Or at least try to! :)

BeadTowne
01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
dana. Tonka is gorgeous and looks about to pounce. Love the snow on Nadi's face.

Claire, You look wickedly wonderful! Those boots look cute but deadly!

Barrie, I told my class I am having brain surgery because I need a new one that works properly! I make those kinds of mistakes lately, 50 days of bleeding will do that to a person! The end is in sight!