PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Acrylics?

kjsspot
04-12-2002, 03:21 AM
Hi ya'll. I have a friend that just purchased what is supposed to be a professional quality acrylic under the brand name of Infinity. Now I've never tried this brands before, but my friend is really struggling with their transparency. Does anyone know anything about this brand and have some tips I can pass along to her?

She is also having trouble blending with them. And she said that they are drying way too quckly and not mixing well with her Liquitex blending medium.

Best I could tell her if that if they are transparent, then to try glazing with them.

Thanks!

timelady
04-12-2002, 06:39 AM
Hi, I use W&N's Finity range which I'm guessing is what your friend has? Yes, it is the artist range. I've not really had trouble with them mixing with Liquitex medium, but I only use the fluid matt medium. I wonder if the transparency issue is just with some colours or all of them? I ask because sometimes I actually use Liquitex paints for more solid, bright colour. Never thought about why though! I guess my only advice would be not to add medium to the paint, which will only make it less opaque.

Not much help, sorry. :( But I'd guess a lot of people probably use Finity because W&N is so common.

Tina.