PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having trouble uploading new pics on eBay?

Laura Tasheiko
04-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Wondering if it's me or is anyone else having trouble using pic service on eBay. Never had trouble until this past few days - I think they have a new tool which seems simple enough, but as soon as my picture is sent my computer crashes! Everything just freezes up and I can't complete the listing. Thanks, L.

Sumafra
04-12-2002, 12:41 AM
I haven't had any trouble but then I haven't loaded anything since last Sunday.

timelady
04-12-2002, 05:18 AM
Ew, sounds nasty! I don't upload my pictures as I host them myself but eBay has started rolling out that new form for listing. Maybe there's a glitch. You might want to take a quick peek at the eBay forums to see if people are talking about it there. If so you might not be the only one! Just click the Community button at the top of the eBay screen, then the little forums link that comes up in the first community page (over in the text on the right), then the Auction Listings forum. That's probably the most likely place - you can always ask too if you don't see a post about it already. You could also email eBay about it using the support pages.

Hope they sort it out for you...
Tina.

Laura Tasheiko
04-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks Suzette & Tina. I hesitate to go onto their boards because every time I do my anti-virus program kicks on!, which freaks me out, then almost immediately afterward I get a nasty email about 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' from Hahaha!!!!! So I did email their support for help a couple of days ago, but havent heard back from them yet. I just thought I'd ask over here. Thanks again. L.

CathyD
04-12-2002, 01:51 PM
I've listed several auctions this week and haven't had any trouble at all. I like the new format for auctions. Much easier to use.
Let us know if you find anything out, Laura.
Cathy

kjsspot
04-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Sorry I can't help you. I don't upload with Ebay's service. I host my images on my own site. But I haven't had any trouble submitting my auctions.

CarlyHardy
04-14-2002, 10:51 PM
A couple of things....
if you're on a slower dial up connection, sometimes uploading can time-out and you won't get your pic on.

(If that's the case, try uploading at off-peak hours for your time zone)

Also check the size of your files. Images should be saved at 72 pixels per inch....and not larger than 7 inches across if horizontal or 6 inches if vertical. The reason is the shape of the ebay listing tool for your image....it will fit fine in a horizontal format, but if you have a large file, and your painting is vertical...it will have a slightly flattened look on the screen.

If you use your own images in your description (linking from another site) keep these about 6 inches at 72 ppi....so they will load fast!

Anyway, if you are uploading really large files and have a slow server...its a challenge!
carly

Laura Tasheiko
04-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Thanks, everyone. I finally got a response from eBay & had to empty my temp. files, etc... I have since been able to get my pics on. But this did force me to try to learn a little HTML, and one listing is from my site, which is a much better picture. This is good because I do want to improve my discriptions sections, if I can.

And I think you're right, Carly. My connection is pretty bad, and real slow. Off hours seems to work better when loading. I try to keep files small enough to load quickly, but still be legible. L.