PDA

View Full Version : Evening at the Peoples Store

JeffG
01-15-2007, 11:37 AM
"Evening at the Peoples Store"

egg tempera, 14" x 18"

This is another image that I was glad to get down in paint, after looking up at it for years everytime I visited Lambertville, NJ. There still might be a few more paintings out of this building & time of day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2007/1883-et_peoples_500.jpg

Sonia
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Love that warm glow on the building, and how did you manage to get that sky so seamlessly painted?

meglyman
01-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Excellent colors to capture the time of day. Love the composition too!

RedEquus
01-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Love the painting! Your colors are great and really represent the time of day/evening.

I really love the richness of egg tempera. It's on my list of new year's resolutions of things to try. With that in mind, I've been reading and admiring the work here. So, thank you, for showing your work, it's inspiring.

Bringer
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi Jeff,

Instead of referring myself to this work, I'll just say that I visited your site and found your works to be of terrific quality.
A work of that quality is not achieved without great effort and dedication.
Congratulations.

Best regards,

Josť

JamieWG
02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
How strange....I posted a reply and it wiped itself out, took me to a blank reply screen, and didn't show up!

Jeff, I love the warm light on the stone, and the way the building points us over to the moon. The light is made more dramatic by the pushing of the complements. I think this is my favorite of yours to date.

Jamie