PDA

View Full Version : Check out my gallery site!

Lee Gainer
04-11-2002, 12:23 PM
I am very proud to announce that my gallery/store site is now up and running (and banner free)! Please come by and take a look and let me know what you think! www.leegainer.com (http://www.leegainer.com)

Whoo-who! I am excited!

Nancy Lee
04-11-2002, 03:28 PM
:)

I went and took a peek at your new site. This is very nice.... not cluttered, and like you mentioned "no" banner".... don't ya just hate them?

Care to share what program etc. you used.... dreamweaver or something else? I've been toying with the idea lately of creating my own web site...... yours has given me encouragement. Good job, I like it very much.:clap: :clap: :clap:

BCNU,
Nancy

Lee Gainer
04-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Hi Nancy (thanks for the compliment!) and all who are interested in creating your own site. I picked up Teach yourself HTMl in 24 hours from Borders. I read it cover to cover and then started programming. I created three other sites before this one, they are all learning experiences. I code all my sites by hand so to have more control over graphics and such. The book is an easy read and starts from the beginning level. I also pick up tidbits from HTML goodies, a site with all sorts of info. I can't remember the exact web address but a quick search will turn it up. Also, I have a premier Paypal account which allowed me to set up a shopping cart system. Another good book for this is Killer Web sites, a book that shows you what not to do and why. I have my site hosted at netfirms.com. they ahve a free account (with banners) but for just $5 a month, you get no ads on your site, very good deal.

Good luck with your site! I can't wait to see it!

Nancy Lee
04-11-2002, 05:38 PM
Thankds Lee for the information. I'm not very profecient with these new fangled contraption's, but I'll check on these books and see if there's a chance in ---- I'll be able to understand them, before I put out big bucks to pay someone else to do it.... (God forbid)

Also wanted to tell you that I liked your work that I saw on your site...... really very nice. You'll do well with these. Really nice.:clap:

Thanks again,
BCNU,
Nancy

WSPCEO1
04-21-2002, 04:35 PM
I checked out your site. very nice and clean. Maybe your in the wrong business? I also just put up a site, www.billpayne.net but I used the Microsoft Front Page. It has limitations but it let a luddite like me at least get started. Its the darn little graphics and forms that take up all the time

Bill

nicoletta
04-22-2002, 08:09 PM
just looked at both sites....great job !
wspec01, love the artist in motion!!!!!!!!!!!!
nicoletta