PDA

View Full Version : An Electronic Digital Painting of Sean Connery

FARRORAVENKNIGHT
01-12-2007, 03:50 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2007/98607-A_PORTRAIT_OF_SREAN_CONERY_VER_TWO_JUNE_2006.JPG

jhercilia
01-13-2007, 01:17 PM
That's very nice although I think the lips are too 'red' for a man.

FARRORAVENKNIGHT
01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Hello Janet, thanks for taking the time to observe my digital portrait of Sean Connery. Please check out my other digital electronic paintings,e.g., The Silver Surfer Out Running a Super Nova thread and any of my other threads I have about 18 threads in all. Once again thanks, bk

madster
01-14-2007, 02:10 PM
A little too much stage makeup, with the lips, the cheek blush, the blue eyeshadow, and the heavy black eyeliner. He missed the left edge of his moustache with the Grecian Formula haircolor...;)

Not a bad manipulation, overall, but you hurried a bit, and missed some details, such as the moustache, and the blurred background, which overlaps his left shoulder (RH side, as viewed). The "halftone" texture on the skin is a bit sloppy, as it overlaps just the edges of his shoulder, and where it comes off the right side of his neck, which is emphasized by the too bright highlights off the shirt collar and his hair.

How long have you been working digital, and what made you switch from mechanical pencil? That's a beautiful, yet difficult to master medium, for sure!

~M

jhercilia
01-14-2007, 10:03 PM
William, I saw your other work. They are excellent. My preferred one is "Silver Scree" drawing and of course, the drawing of your wife.

justjean
01-15-2007, 08:33 PM
You do great pencil work , love the drawing of your wife :thumbsup:

FARRORAVENKNIGHT
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
A little too much stage makeup, with the lips, the cheek blush, the blue eyeshadow, and the heavy black eyeliner. He missed the left edge of his moustache with the Grecian Formula haircolor...;)

Not a bad manipulation, overall, but you hurried a bit, and missed some details, such as the moustache, and the blurred background, which overlaps his left shoulder (RH side, as viewed). The "halftone" texture on the skin is a bit sloppy, as it overlaps just the edges of his shoulder, and where it comes off the right side of his neck, which is emphasized by the too bright highlights off the shirt collar and his hair.

How long have you been working digital, and what made you switch from mechanical pencil? That's a beautiful, yet difficult to master medium, for sure!

~M
Hi, I just started last year experimenting with digital using Photo-Explosion. I am still learning to master this medium give me a few more years and I will master it just like I did the mechanical pencil. I had the best teacher to learn the human dynamic anatomy from, Burne Hogarth, who also happened to be my mentor as well as good friend. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with me my mistakes. You have a very discerning and critical eye as will as a sharpness of and clarity6 of speaking your mind so fluidly as well as lucidly. It betrays a Scorpio in your natal chart somewhere. Thanks bk