PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted to create wet ink look

jrickards
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi:

I am trying to redesign my blog (http://pen-and-ink.ca) and I would like to use the image of a fountain pen dropping ink onto paper and below it, more ink spread out. I have a nice image of a fountain pen and I can create the outlines of the wet ink but I can't make it appear wet. I am using Corel Photo Paint. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Jules

Yako
01-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi jrickards! :wave: Can't say much about your question but saw your site and liked the neat design and the contents, seems interesting.:cool:

I'm sure somebody here in this forum will answer your question soon:)

madster
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Ink is a semi-opaque to opaque liquid. Nothing more. Your only 3 concerns are the shape of the spill, the opacity of the ink color, and the reflection of light source upon it.
In Photoshop, it can be easily achieved through layer styles. To manually achieve it, you need to create a rounded bevel effect.

Do a Google image search for "spilled ink," or "liquid spill," and look at how light reflects off liquids, and how the edges are slightly curved and softened. Then practice.

Alien Skin has a "Stain" plug in as part of their xenofex package that does it all one-button easy, as well.

~M

jrickards
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Excellent, I will give it a whirl!

Thanks,

Jules

quirky
01-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Try www.myjanee.com
She has a gel tutorial that might help with the shine. - oh and a raindrop one.