PDA

View Full Version : 2007 starts off with a couple of Caseins -- Of course!!!!

richlll
01-10-2007, 04:42 PM
OK, part of my long list of New Year's resolutions were to do more casein, egg tempera, and oil paintings, so I'm starting with casein. BTW, my list of resolutions was about 18 items, 2/3rd's of them are art related.....anyway... the first one is an approx. 6 x 6" piece, an apple on paper mounted to HB.

richlll
01-10-2007, 04:44 PM
This next one is a WIP, 8 x 10" on museum board. This is a first session of painting for about an hour+. I'll go back and add the lights later. Rich

richlll
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Finished! Almost.... I'm including a couple of detail shots too. I'll probably mess with it a bit more but it's 97% there. Rich

staggerlee
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
These look real cool...really really cool. Haven't touched my caseins in a while, making me want to..

Like the loose/studied feel of both pieces. The cool blue back to the warm yummy apples is sweet.. that cheese, that foil wrapped cheese...how did you do the upper background on that one?

james

richlll
01-21-2007, 08:05 PM
These look real cool...really really cool. Haven't touched my caseins in a while, making me want to..

Like the loose/studied feel of both pieces. The cool blue back to the warm yummy apples is sweet.. that cheese, that foil wrapped cheese...how did you do the upper background on that one?

james

Thanks James. For the background in the cheese pic I use my painting knife and dripped the paint on and smashed it around. I went back to the cheese painting and touched it up a bit too much, I just about lost the interesting background by overworking it but overall the main subject seems to be sitting in the environment better, I'll try to remember to update the pic later.... I got into seeing how many paintings I could complete last week and did 5 other small ones total. Rich