PDA

View Full Version : Shehaub's sketches and doodles

Shehaub
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2007/1772-sketch1.jpg

This is an initial digital sketch for my Baroque Self Portrait. I think the title is going to be "Self Portrait as a Muse". This is in ratio to my 16x20 canvas so I can work out some of the composition. That arm is meant to be pulling back a curtain. (If you can't tell) I am not sure what I am going to do with all that room on the left side. I have a few random ideas such as placing an easel behind me with a blank canvas on it, a couple other muse-like figures or maybe a sleeping artist on the floor. That part is still brewing in my brain. If anyone has any ideas, I welcome them. I also welcome any suggestions regarding composition, since that is a weak point of mine.

I am also keeping a journal of my creative process on my blog if anyone is interested.

tyree
01-10-2007, 08:59 PM
this looks very very interesting, cant wait to see it started..will you be doing w.i.p.'s???? tyree:wave:

Shehaub
01-11-2007, 08:18 AM
I will probably just use this thread and update with preliminary drawings and such. I am going to have to do a few different studies to get this right.

I will definately post this to my blog. It is my online creative journal. If you don't mind seeing the mushy creative thought mixed in with the technical struggles, I can always post here as well.

azulparsnip
01-11-2007, 11:41 AM
beautiful , & intriguing image.........lots of creative potential there.....

Alecto
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Very moody. Seems like it'd be nice it you scootched the figure in just a bit towards the center, but left the remainder of the left side dark and undefined. I think that expanse of darkness gives it a wonderful eerie atmosphere. But then again, I'm not an expert on composition either, so you may want to get a second opinion. :) I like the feel of this!

Nickel
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Shehaub, Just checking in to see how it's going with your baroque muse self-portrait?
Like very much the red dress! Are you holding an egg?
Nickel