PDA

View Full Version : hello......new here....

bigcatpawprints
04-10-2002, 12:04 PM
Ok...I finished this painting in November....I have a gut feeling its wrong..somthing realy bugs me in this,,,,is it the head ?.the back ground ? (too dark ?)
The picture is a bit darker than the real one...

Please help me out on this one..I an stuck on it....:(

bcpp

perry31415
04-10-2002, 01:50 PM
OK, I'm trying. I squint my eyes, blur my eyes. Nothing I try works.

Maybe the scan is bad.

I look and can't find anything to complain about. It looks like a terrific painting to me.

Ruth Brigitte
04-10-2002, 03:56 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!
Awesome!

But since you want a real comment, here it goes: Iif you are really intent on fixing something, make some more hairs stick out into the darkness of the background on top of the head, like you did on the furry paws. The head right now looks as smooth as a bowling ball, so that should fix this minor flaw in this really great painting.

Faded
04-10-2002, 08:24 PM
Welcome to Wetcanvas Bigcat:) I have to agree with Ruth, the only (very) minor flaw would be what she has pointed out. I think this is a great painting, and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future
-Faded

CathyD
04-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Boy you really captured the velvety texture of that cat! It is beautifully done. If you look at shapes, the head and the shoulder are similiar size and shape, maybe you could extend the shoulders a little so that the shapes are not so much the same. Also there is too distinct a dark line between the shoulder and the head which makes the head kind of look like it's floating. Perhaps you could bring a little of the reddish color into the head or highlight the body more with the lighter color so it looks more attached.

You have done a terrific job on this, and of course just take or leave my suggestions. You really don't have much to do to improve it.
Beautiful work!
Cathy

Saara
04-10-2002, 09:10 PM
I think it's cute! I think you're being over critical.

CathyD
04-11-2002, 08:08 PM
You are absolutely right Saara, and it's not only cute, it really is beautifully done. I hope the criticism isn't taken negatively, it is more just suggestions about what bcpp's gut feeling might be from. This painting could certainly be considered finished as it is now. Criticism is a learning tool. I learn a lot from it and I think it helps us produce growth in our art. So I hope you don't mind my two cents worth!

:D
Cathy

bigcatpawprints
04-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Ok.....Thanks for all your comments !!!!!!!:D

I did the things you all said..fur.ect......I think its a littel better to me....

bigcatpawprints
04-12-2002, 08:30 AM
soory........:crying:

mebucko
04-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Hi BCPP,

I uploaded your image in a .jpg format, I hope you don't mind.
Hardly anybody ever gets to see 'em if they're not in a .jpg., or a .gif format...:)
I also think that you're painting definitely looks better, I actually did an animated gif on it in your other post, and pretty much came up with the same thing.:p
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39281
If for some reason you need assistance on the uploading, or anything else, you might want to go here too...http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11929
Help on posting images for new WC'ers... I'm not trying to overwhelm you with links, I just thought it could help.
You do very good work!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Apr-2002/leo_cub.jpg

paintergirl
04-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Awww...what a sweet kitty!!!!:D I like the dark background...lends contrast and a mood of solitude to the picture...

CathyD
04-14-2002, 02:51 AM
Boy, I would love to see this piece in person. You have done a really fine job. I would like to see more of your work. Do you mainly do big cats?
Cathy

bigcatpawprints
04-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Painter girl;
Faded shadow;
Perry31415:
Ruth Brigitte:....Thanks for the incouragments.....and the good points...:D

Cathy:
You can see more of my humble art in my web site.....;)
Thank you for your nice words.......

Mebucko:
Thank you so much for posting your touch up........Thats about what I did to the leo cub.....I sort of missed the posting of my aleration......hehehe

ok.your tips and critiques were cool.and realy helped me out.somtimes you paint and paint...and you think you are finished.....but your not.....whith deferent eyes like this........It can come to an almost perfect painting..

thanks again :D :D

bcpp