PDA

View Full Version : Question for e-sellers?

CarlyHardy
04-10-2002, 09:54 AM
Do any of you use a gallery type set up in your description to show your other auctions at ebay?
Someone shared that they had seen this in an auction and I'd like to find an example of it.

I use a link to my gallery page...but this would be the actual ongoing auction pics.
Thanks!
carly

timelady
04-10-2002, 10:53 AM
I use a little bar of thumbnails as a sort of "ad" for other paintings on auction. Here's a pic of it (not at my computer so can't upload it):
http://www.tina-m.com/art/banner-scotland.jpg

It doesn't link to anything, but I like to hope it encourages people to view my other auctions...

With the downturn lately I'd love to get new ideas too!

Tina.

CarlyHardy
04-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanks Tina....do you change the image each time auctions begin and end?

I was wondering about clickable links...I know ebay has a size stipulation if a logo is clickable to a third party. I don't know about size if its to our other auctions.

carly

timelady
04-10-2002, 02:39 PM
I recall the same question coming up ages ago and I asked on the eBay boards. Can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure the answer was no - you can't link to your other auctions. You can only link to information about that auction.

And yes, I change the banner image with every set of images I list. So some may be sold (saying I sold one and relisted the other 4 I'd still keep the same banner). I just tend to make the banner the same time as I'm scaling the images specifically for eBay.

I'm thinking of making a "brand logo" to represent me, too. Again, not linking to anything but just to get that standard look at the top of each auction. Maybe? Was pondering the idea of trading under a studio name instead of just my regular name but opinions were divided on that idea... (Tina-M Studios, or Tinandra Studio, or something)

Tina.

Sumafra
04-10-2002, 09:29 PM
I l ike the idea of a 'logo'. Carly, yours is very nice. I go under the business name of 'Art Accomplished, Original Art by Suzette Fram'. My domain name is artaccomplished.com. Ties in together.

CarlyHardy
04-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Tina, just a thought.

Before you create "a brand" to identify yourself with....check the internet for any other same-name sites or studios. Probably not very likely...but you never know.

I'm glad I snagged my domain name to fit with my ebay ID when I did. I am now very "branded"....lol

I was wondering about the linking issue with ebay also. Thanks for the tip on that.
carly