PDA

View Full Version : Merrydown My Attorney Bernie

Obedec
01-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I have been doing more than reading, and wanted to present my latest wip. Definitely not done yet, but I can really see the influence of this group. This guy now works as a greeter at the AKC and has his own column in the AKC on like newsletter. (or did). I own his son, Parker (Roselyn's Rogue Ale) I still have to fix the eye and got lots more work to do to get the colors just right, but am no longer fearful of re-scratching if necessary.
C&C welcome.
Karen,
Waldport, ORhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2007/48983-DSCF6022.JPG

8x10 Ampersand Black Clayboard. #11 exacto knife.

Bertoni
01-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Karen:
Yippeee!!!!!!!! Right on! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Can't wait to see how it turns out!!! I've got to start practicing using color in my black Claybord!!!!!

Obedec
01-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks Bert,
I started with watercolors, but am going to switch over to inks. I'm making cards right now so my work space is in use.
Karen

Diana Lee
01-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Great start. I am glad you don't fear re-scratching. In this forum I posted my scratching of Lemons. The uppermost lemon went terribly wrong so I had to get a razor blade and totally remove it. I sanded the surface a bit and then started over. Scratchboard, you gotta love it. Had it not been on scratchboard I probably would have had to toss it. I eagerly await your next post.

Diana

Obedec
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Diane,
it was the Lemons that have done so much for my confidence. I'm even going to get the little cowboy out and re-do the areas that keep him in the drawer...in fact, I think I'm going to do what Dave Slaughter (photographer extraordinare I might add) did with the Osprey and actually paint a background in and then scratch again.
Karen

Rodman
01-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I too have bought some inks...i just need to come up with the right project to try them out on....thanks for stretching my limits.......Rod-Man