PDA

View Full Version : A View Of My Neighbour's Garden

chammi kaiser
01-05-2007, 04:57 AM
I painted this two winters ago in freezing cold weather and eventually finished it in my studio due to the possibility of frost bite. I posted it some time ago in the watercolour forum(I think) but felt it was my best P A attempt and wanted to share it with this forum. All comments welcome. Thanks for looking. CHAMMIhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jan-2007/39224-20._A_peak_through_the_fence.jpg

beaux-art
01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I love it! Bare trees very well done. In future compositions, you might avoid having trees on each edge of such similar size cut in half. Maybe having a suggestion of more bare limbs on the left side, instead of foliage. Hard to think about these things when you're feeling the pressure to work from life in a limited time, I know! I love the addition of warm color in sky and background trees and how simply they are painted.

JanB
01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Love the colors in this, it really captures the feel of winter. The complexity of the foreground is very pleasing against the sodftness and simplicity of the background.

chammi kaiser
01-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Thank you very much Jan. Really appreciate your input. CHAMMI

brianc
01-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Chammi,

Your mastery of watercolors is apparent. You've made the most of various techniques to put in details that really make this feel complete and professional. I like the masking you've used to leave snow on top of things. I assume the hint of brush in the background is from the back tip of the paint brush. Nice mix of warms and colds in the snow.

Nice work.

chammi kaiser
01-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Cecelia. Agree with you but when you are freezing your butt off, you just paint what you see!!! Can't think about bare foliage but know what you mean. Thanks for the input. CHAMMI
Brian. Thanks a lot meine Liebe. You are right about the back tip of the paint brush. That is exactly what I did. Clever boy. You know the ropes. Many thanks. CHAMMI

Joan T
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Chammi, This is lovely! I'm a watercolor artist too, and I have a hard time painting in the cold. When I am I find I'll do anything to finish the painting and get warm again. When I start shaking I know I have to stop. And I really don't paint outside when it's cold for that reason. What a whimp I am! I think this is great. Love the colors.

Joan T

chammi kaiser
01-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Thank you very much Joan. I went out twice into the cold when I was painting this. The second time I heated up an electric pad and wrapped it around my back so that I could stay out a little longer. Not much fun but rewarding in the end. CHAMMI