PDA

View Full Version : The Copper Cornice

Brad M.
01-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Here is my finished studio painting as well as the original plein air. I liked the way the building seems isolated and stretching up toward the sky. You don't find many buildings situated like this in Manhattan. Of course I was first drawn to the arched copper cornice.

The Copper Cornice oil on canvas 50" x 36"
http://www.bradmarshallart.com/CopperCornice.jpg

JanB
01-04-2007, 07:14 AM
50x36 :eek: That's one big painting! That must be very commanding IRL especially because of the subject and vertical comp....it must seem huge! Really nice work on the studio version and attention to many little details that make this so interesting to look at!

Brad M.
01-04-2007, 11:30 AM
50x36 :eek: That's one big painting! That must be very commanding IRL especially because of the subject and vertical comp....it must seem huge! Really nice work on the studio version and attention to many little details that make this so interesting to look at!

Thanks Jan. I know the composition in simple, so I hope the subtle details keep it interesting. And yes, the size helps.

brianc
01-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow! That's fantastic detail. Excellent work. I hope it sells well!

chammi kaiser
01-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Painting buildings that big requires a lot of detail and you have certainly painted the detail very well. Love the stone work at the top of the building. CHAMMI

Brad M.
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow! That's fantastic detail. Excellent work. I hope it sells well!

Thanks Brian. From your lips to...:D

Brad M.
01-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Painting buildings that big requires a lot of detail and you have certainly painted the detail very well. Love the stone work at the top of the building. CHAMMI

Thanks Chammi. I wanted to paint the detail without becoming so tight that it was just an architectural rendering. I wanted to keep a painterly feel.