PDA

View Full Version : New Show

Roni Anderson
04-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Thought I would toot the horn just a teeny bit :) . I am presently giving a show in the Adana Hilton [Turkey] Gallery. We had opening night on April 3rd and there were so many people they couldn't all fit in the gallery at once [of course the gallery is one of the smallest I have ever seen!] But judging from the guestbook people liked the show and many have returned to buy a painting later. So far I have sold 3 pieces and two additional ones are promised.

This is my first show in Turkey so I am grateful just for the exposure if nothing else. Most buyers here buy oils and I only had w/c in this show. It is a learning experience for them to look and ponder the w/c's.

I shared the show with a national artist who paints in oils and does some charcoal - she has done extremely well this show, selling over 10 paintings!

paintfool
04-12-2002, 09:20 PM
Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity for you! How did this come to be?
Cheryl

surreal
04-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Congratulations on your sales.
It's fantastic!

surreal:D

Roni Anderson
04-14-2002, 04:04 AM
surreal & paintfool:

Thanks for your comments!

Paintfood - to ans. your question -My husband and I live in Mersin, Turkey on the Med. and there is SO much here to paint, İ just love ıt!

My Turkish artist friend and I had to rent the gallery at the Hilton for our show, and fortunately with our sales we were able to cover the moderate cost, which included the opening nıght refreshments.

We just rented an apt. in N. Cyprus and İ am serıously thinking of getting a plein air group together here. Sure would be good if we could get a group from Wet Canvas to come and paint; it is relatively inexpensive and wonderful location - both in Turkey & Cyprus;) - wonder how İ might set that up?? İdeas anyone???

CarlyHardy
04-14-2002, 11:14 PM
Congratulations Roni! What a wonderful way to introduce your watercolors to Turkey!

If you want to test the waters for a Wet Canvas Paint Out in Turkey...post a message in the Events forum and give it some time. It takes awhile for everyone to have a look at new announcements or ideas. A plein air group sounds like a great idea, too! Post an announcement in the Plein Air forum if you'd like to find other members at WetCanvas to join you!

carly

Faafil
04-15-2002, 03:51 PM
WhoooHoooo Roni ! Way to go !!