PDA

View Full Version : Ivy (w.i.p.)

Faded
04-08-2002, 11:35 AM
11x14 on canvas. I know the leaves need work, but I am not quite sure what to do with the space inbetween..black, or a darker green? I do not want the leave edges to disappear into the background. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks
-Faded

Kevan
04-08-2002, 09:08 PM
I asolutely love the concept. It looks like it will be a beautiful painting.
Perhaps you might want to use a color like dark blue, or purple, instead of black or green. Whichever you use, you also might want to paint a fuzzy line where the light hits each leaf edge to make them 'glow.'
I think it will turn out very nice regardless the direction you take, especially with the face as it is.

Starsprite
04-08-2002, 09:20 PM
:) :clap: :) Hi Faded! I really love this painting...and I agree about the dark blue or purple for the background. The face is really enchanting and you did a very good job on the rose!! Good work!!!

Drumbeat-trish
04-08-2002, 10:48 PM
This is going to be stunning. deep purple or blue- yep.

Faded
04-09-2002, 12:34 PM
I am thinking of using goauche to fill in the empty spaces between the leaves on my Ivy painting. will this work? I don't want to waste a piece of canvas trying to find out...Any tips on this would be most welcomed...Thanks,
Faded

Bendaini
04-09-2002, 07:32 PM
Maybe a soft brown on the edges that fades to a pale skin tone in the middle?

Otherwise you could just leave it as is for an abstract look.

CathyD
04-11-2002, 01:22 AM
Hi Faded, I think the overall design is very stunning, and I see what you mean by not wanting the leaf edges to disappear, that is one of the strong points of this painting. The inner color of the leaf could really make it or take away the powerful design you have going on. I would stick with green for the leaves so you don't lose the impact of the face and rose.

As it is, I have to agree with Bendaini, it is a cool abstract look.

Great work!
Cathy

paintergirl
04-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Faded Shadow ...this is great! I am with the others...the deep purple will provide nice contrast . I like the type of ivy you chose to go with and the whole concept in general !! :clap:

amanda
04-13-2002, 08:52 PM
At first I thought that it still needed a dark green but after reading other comments here I think a deep purple would add to the mystery of the painting. As far as goauche goes, it might work but I would stick to something with a bit more gloss, even adding a gloss medium to your acrylics, I just think the glossiness would add to the intrigue of the painting (not sure why though).