PDA

View Full Version : Yoda in Gouache...

AV1611
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Here is a yoda I did a while back... it's still just sitting here. I'm not sure what to do with it. Sell it? Ebay?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/TitusAV1611/My%20Art%20Work/YodapaintingWeb.jpg

Enjoy :thumbsup:

meglyman
12-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I love Star Wars, and your Yoda looks great. Could we maybe see a larger view to see what gouache techniques you used?

About selling - I hear Lucasfilm is pretty strict with copyright, but I believe you can sell an original. I bet it'd go fast on eBay!

AV1611
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I love Star Wars, and your Yoda looks great. Could we maybe see a larger view to see what gouache techniques you used?

About selling - I hear Lucasfilm is pretty strict with copyright, but I believe you can sell an original. I bet it'd go fast on eBay!

Yes, I never thought about the copyright... I just figured it would be a comission type thing. oh well.

As for the techniques... I'll have to try and remember to put up a bigger version tonight. For the background, I had no clue what to do... I hate doing backgrounds... so I masked off my yoda and such and went to town with a sponge. Painted it all that green and took a sponge dipped in black to try and "shade it up".

With the yoda I tried using the technique by Alex Ross who does the Justice League in gouche www.alexrossart.com. What he does is paints the black first, then puts in the color. It didn't work out to well for me... but it came out okay.

Thanks for the comments.