PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman

eliseu gouveia
12-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi, guys,

Been a while since I last posted something here, hope this one´s not too gruesome for this forum.
The hand on the leg was inspired on a Red Sonja cover I saw some 20 years ago.

WONDER WARRIOR (http://www.etherlair.com/gallery/publications////FOLDER_405f7ba2a6050/images/IMAGE_4581b5bbcfca7.jpg)

Hope you like it.

madster
12-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Not bad, but why is there a light shining up beneath her, illuminating the undeside of her thighs?

The hand on the leg looks like you took it from the Red Sonja cover, and left everything else behind. It looks very out of place, because you do not have it positioned so as to be attached to anything. The closest is the body dead center, with the two horns curving to the left, but he is face down, and that is a left hand reaching for her, so it can't be this guy's right arm...The only other form nearby is the skull head dude, and he wouldn't have a hand that fleshed out...

Also, the "six-pack" abs you have on WW are far too exagerated for a woman. Especially, when you endow her with overly large breasts...(I know, every young man's dream...). The two just do not jive, visually. You've also given her the strangest looking abdominal wall...

Lastly, the background looks very haphazard. The horizon seldom to never gets lighter as you visually go down to ground, especially when your light source is "shining through the clouds" at the angle you have it. This bad visual is compounded by the strange horizontal, thin, stratus clouds you have near the center of the canvas, while the storm clouds are fluffy cumulus clouds. They don't usually occupy the same skies at the same time...

Details, details...Details (or the lack thereof) make or break a work...This isn't a bad piece, but the details are killing it.

~M

eliseu gouveia
12-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Thank you for your post, comments and crits, Madster, I reallly appreciate it.

yeticatcher
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Very cool. The black may be too intense on left arm facing us and on the side of her torso, but might just be a matter of taste.

madster's comments about the hand reaching up to her leg and the light under her thighs aren't such an issue as he suggests. I don't mean to down-play your concerns or over-ride your critique, Madster. Just a difference of opinion.

The hand as I see it, is merely a creature reaching up through the heap of bodies. And the light under her legs is essentially reflected light and is a natural phenomenon. Just a little tweeking here and there and it's well on its way.

Tom :)

eliseu gouveia
12-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks, Yeticatcher, glad you´ve liked it :)

LadyAlba
12-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Interesting work I do agree with Madster and also with all that detail there is not a drop of blood on that sword. ;o)

eliseu gouveia
01-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Thank you, LadyAlba.

I thought about putting blood on the blade but since the Sword of Hephaestus is a magical item, I imagined that blood washes right off (plus I wanted to keep the piece PG13 ;) )..

Chiers
01-02-2007, 05:03 AM
It all looks good to me. I consider this type of work to be fantasy and as such do not expect it to be all that realistic. In fact do not think it should be, and I think absolute realism would ruin it.
As far as the hand, it makes me think of a hand rising out of a mass of disjointed bodies. Like a hand reaching up out of a grave it does not need the rest of the body to have the desired effect.

justjean
01-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Looks great and I agree with Chiers about the hand :thumbsup: