GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: run
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I got some new paints this week, the Atelier new Interactive Acrylics, they come with a free sample box of mediums, so I tried the extender medium on this one, I enjoyed the mixing abilities that acrylics alone don't give and the paint over all seems good. This image is a little out of focus, but you get the idea.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any comments/crits welcome

dsimons
12-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Nayana, i really like your abstract compositions, very engaging

SusanEleven
12-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi, Nayana, gosh, this one is pretty taut. Something scary is happening there in the background. It has an ominous feeling to me.

La_
12-12-2006, 01:28 AM
More 'ominous' than 'rushed' for me too ... i think that was your intent tho ... suits running in the forest doesn't say 'late for work' to me anyway. Great composition/perspective/action ... what is the story?

La

Nayana
12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
More 'ominous' than 'rushed' for me too ... i think that was your intent tho ... suits running in the forest doesn't say 'late for work' to me anyway. Great composition/perspective/action ... what is the story?

La

no real story intended. I rarely come to pieces with a story in mind, typicly the image itself just pops into my head at some point 9typicly at an incnvenient spot like wile driving) so I sketch it down, or write a few words to help me remember and then the finished product comes from that. This one seemed to evolve into this ominous feel all on its own. The concept of men in suits running out of the forest was the only original thought I had propr to the actual painting of the piece.

HRobinson
12-12-2006, 07:27 PM
The tint is very nice in this one. The textures and comp are impressive... excellent all around. -Harry

Lone Rider
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I really like the contrast between the realistic figure in the foreground and the organic shapes in the background. Very arresting.

paulavanzanten
12-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Nice shapes and dynamics here Nayana!

shahid hussain
12-13-2006, 10:12 AM
ahhhhhh! your style just stunning .....you have a hold over your compositions moreover you know the monochromatic mystery,very impressive your all work...

csa-studio
12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Nayana, your style is so differant. And really great

sophia-h
12-14-2006, 05:35 AM
:wave:
how you paint that wonderfull? i feel jealous :envy: