PDA

View Full Version : Letter 'A'

spiral_world
12-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Haven't been here for a long time but thought you may be interested in this kind of letters....acrylic on canvas, 20x20 cm...hope you like it
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Dec-2006/24511-slovo.jpg
Any c&c are very velcome
Thanks for looking

Dragica:wave:

RachelFlyer
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Dragica :wave:
Thanks for posting this! Is it for someone in particular, or are you going to do the whole alphabet? I've been wanting to do painted versions of some of my lettering pieces (existing ones are computer graphics), so I'm delighted to be able to look at your work. Dry brush, yes? I hadn't even considered trying that.
The composition and color choices are very appealing, too.
:) Rachel

spiral_world
12-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Hi Rachel, thanks for reply....
My first intention wasn't to do whole alphabet, but I'm very satisfied with this piece and now I'm thinking about it...
I made this letter with sponge, not with dry brush and it was really exciting experience ...you should try it definetely...so smooth pleasant for work

Dragica :wave:

TessDB
12-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Dragica, this is really cool!

I'm curious... could you explain how you used the sponge? If I were you, I'd really be tempted to do a series. Maybe not the entire alphabet, but definitely spell out something...

Tess

Merry Scribe
02-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi Dragica I really like this and like Tess I am very interested in how you used the sponge. And also like Tess I think you should try doing an entire word or name in this method. I think the results would be interesting and good.

Blessed Be

Brian