PDA

View Full Version : Web site help

WSPCEO1
04-05-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi all!

I will be setting up a web site in a week or so. I would like to hear from anyone who has had expereiences with Web Sites and hosting for Artists. I looked up Artist Nation and they said they were not accepting any more artists. Any other sites like that would be helpful. I wish to show my workwhich are oil paintings and maybe some background text and info. Nothing too dramatic. Thanks for any help. My pics will be in the jpg format but I also have them in tif.

Bill
:cool:

Rich
04-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Might I be so humble as to suggest that you ask your Internet Service Provider for advice. They will sell you space at a very reasonable price. I started that way. I have registered as a .com now but you really don't need to. The free services are notorisly slow and usually have pop up ads...some you may not want.
My site is listed below. Just click on the www if you want to look at it.

Fig
04-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Hi,

Wondering why you will also have tif images. Jpeg and gif are the standard file formats for a webpage.

WSPCEO1
04-10-2002, 12:26 AM
Hi

Apparently the tif file format is better suited to print work so the Studio provides both. Jpg's are good as they compress the best which for the web is important.

Bill

Rich
04-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Be aware that a .tiff file is uncompressed and takes forever to load. Surfers don't wait! I use .jpg and no larger the a 450 pixel heigth and 50 K file size.