PDA

View Full Version : Mountain view

Garbonzo
12-02-2006, 08:52 PM
This is an 8"x10" picture. After the encouragement I got with my rose I decided to try another piece. It is done on the cheap paper again. It's all I have at the moment. Too much snow to go somewhere to get a better scratchboard surface. I look forward to trying something on the good stuff.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Dec-2006/92796-Scratchboard_nite_stump.jpg

Bertoni
12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Harold:
Fine work there!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Is it on Claybord Black?? I especially like the way you added color to the piece!!:thumbsup:

Garbonzo
12-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Actually Bertoni, it's on cheap scratch paper. I haven't had a chance to get some good scratchboard yet. Hope to do so soon. I don't know if it's the proper way to colorize scratchboard but I use watercolor to colorize the picture. I would like to see how the good scratchboard is compared to this scratchpaper I've been using.

Bertoni
12-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Well you've done a darn good job on that scratchpaper!!:thumbsup:
It took well to the color!!! Try Claybord, it's great stuff!!!

Dave Slaughter
12-03-2006, 02:17 PM
This is great! From the looks of this I'm not sure the pictures will be better on more expensive boards, but the work might be easier.
Where I live we have NO scratchboard supplies so I order all my boards from Dick Blick on-line. It beats driving 100 miles (one-way) to an art store, it's not very costly and gets delivered almost immediately.

Garbonzo
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Thankyou Dave, I really appreciate the compliment. I do intend to try the more expensive board. I'm curious as to how much different it will be. I didn't want to order the expensive board when I wasn't sure I even knew what I was doing with it. I have an art store a short drive away so I thought I would try a piece first.

Diana Lee
12-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I can't wait to hear your reaction to the good board. The quality of the board doesn't necessarily make the art better, but it sure does make it funner. I know I tend to work a piece more if it is not such a struggle. Starting out with the thin stuff will help develope a light touch and this can work to your advantage. Your work, and this piece in particular, is wonderful.

Diana

Trilby
12-04-2006, 12:41 AM
This is exceptional work, the more so for working on difficult paper. I'll enjoy seeing futher work from you.
TJ

Garbonzo
12-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Thankyou Diana, it's very nice of you to offer the encouragement and the kind compliments, The funner part of using better board sounds good to me. It's been fun so far just to do something different than I normally do.

Thankyou too TJ, I appreciate the compliment. I'm definitely going to make sure that I set aside more time for scratching. I'm hooked already.

Celticelf
12-09-2006, 06:22 PM
This is so beautiful. I've only worked on board but got some paper in a clearance bin that I want to use. I am glad to have supplies close, but would prefer to order online if I could live 100 miles from a city! I am hesitant about the paper because my hands are arthritic and I don't know if the materials will be harder to hold. You are all so exciting! terri

Garbonzo
12-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Thank you so much, I'm new to board scratching but I did 3 or 4 pictures on the scratch paper. Try taping the scratch paper to a board or something a little more firm (foamboard or matboard or a piece of wooden board) might make it easier to hold and scratch on. The good thing about scratching is if your hands get tired or pained just take a break. Happy that you decided to join in and hope to see some of your scratching.