PDA

View Full Version : For anyone here who has ever encouraged me.........

jaytee
12-02-2006, 06:22 AM
A HUGE thankyou .......

the last few days have been , literally gobsmacking' and I need to share with you what I have just posted in this thread
(http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385812)
since the gallery moves so fast some of you may not read it

I think perhaps folk think I'm joking when I say how worried I am about the quality of my work...... but honestly guys... I dont see it through your eyes......I see the bits that havent worked to my satisfaction, the bits that I know I struggled over and still dont look right, the fact the likeness isn't 'just like the photo'

All my life I have been yearning to find something I was really, really good at.... not just slightly better ... or a lot worse... than average...... and thanks to the encouragement from ALL my friends here on wet canvas.... from the comments from the students in Jean's workshop when she showed them my portraits........ to one amazing lady who has become a great friend ... and who winkled the skill out of me and inspired me to begin painting these portraits just 5 months ago.... and to dear Kevin /Stridey .... in whose memory, in a way, she posted that classrooom.....and whose cobweb Angel is still outside my landing window... though very faintly - maybe he feels his work is almost done here? . I believe I may have finally found it.........talk about late bloomer.... almost 65 !!!

Now, what to Do with it is a different matter and is going to need a lot of thought......

but thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who have had a part in encouraging me to go on......

I still cannot believe what some of you guys are telling me........ maybe when it sinks in I will be able to take some action.........meanwhile.....

:grouphug::heart::grouphug::heart::grouphug:

... and of course, this would never have happened had it not been for WetCanvas!.......my thanks have to go also to its founder Scott..... to Kerri and Charyl and all the hardworkers and fantastic artists who make this site what it truly is beneath the bitching, bickering and battling of a few......

A TRULY WONDERFUL PLACE........

and NO ... I didnt bring any champagne home with me :D

Europa
12-02-2006, 06:25 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jaytee))))))))))))))))))))))))

It is a truly wonderful place!!

Pat

jaydiva
12-02-2006, 06:52 AM
JAYTEE http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Dec-2006/32313-hug2.gif

I second that, Pat!!!

pasta
12-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Jaytee,
Your talent is so, so obvious to us -- maybe the gift is that you can see it now.!
Tina

Wind Song
12-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Jaytee,
I thought your note was profoundly heartfelt.
There are many caring, talented and wonderful people in WC, such as yourself.
I love WC!
Sharon

butterfly.art
12-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Jaytee, what they said ^^^^^.:)

I am happy for you that you are beginning to see the light.
I know exactly how you feel about striving to be good at something.
I'm still striving!

Tricia

Aquarelle10
12-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Jaytee what a wonderful moment to share.

This isn't the first moment I've felt emotional in the last few days because obviously I recieved the gift of the most magical portrait of my Grand daughter from you.

I often come across artists like yourself who cannot see how talented they are. I'm guilty of not seeing the best in my own work also . Maybe we all are to a degree. You have come such a very long way in such a short space of time and I know this is just the very beginning for you. I know you will inspire others as well who will want to paint as you do.:heart:

A gift of sharing is something that touches the soul. It can be a gift you can see or a gift you can't.The gifts you can't see are the most precious to me. Friendship and love, acts of kindness, support in being there for each other.

These " gifts" I see daily in Wet Canvas .

I truly hope the Spirit of Christmas touches everyones soul this year and that 2007 will be a memorabel one for everyone here with only acts of love and knidness throughout.

Jaytee you are a shining example of a wonderful human being..........God Bless you.

Jean.

Grainne
12-02-2006, 08:11 AM
All my life I have been yearning to find something I was really, really good at.... not just slightly better ... or a lot worse... than average......

Jaytee, what you are really, really good at is being YOU! And YOU are a person whom I have come to appreciate deeply during my time here at WC. I value your uniqueness, your integrity, your humor, your kindness, your passion, even your spelling :D (And that's coming from a lit. prof!)

As for your newly discovered talent for portraits, what a wonderful gift you have been given for a time in your life when you have the increased time to devote yourself to enjoying it. What a blessing that is! How exciting! Just don't "finger the butterfly's wings" too much by worrying about it! The "gift" has arrived! It's just on time! It just fits you! Wear it well and enjoy it most of all!

:heart:
Grainne

Grainne
12-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Ah, Jean, I see that we were writing our posts about the "gift of Jaytee" at the same time :)

See, Jaytee, that's affirmation!

:)
Grainne

ameliajordan
12-02-2006, 08:20 AM
This is the first thread I've read this morning and here I am tearing up already.

I'm not as good a writer as many of you so won't be able to express what seeing someone develop a talent with cyber guidance means to me. It's a blessing and one of the most important things in my life, which is why I spend so much time here. I end up feeling closer to some of you than the people I see IRL.

Janet, every so often you should look at you first tomato baby and Jean's granddaughter together and think of the dates of both paintings. The growth is amazing!!!!!!! If you wanted to go back to work fulltime you could as a professional portrait artist!!!!!!

For human reasons sometimes this family is unpleasant to each other; I am so glad the optimist in both of you kept you at WetCanvas so we can all see this miracle of artist blooming!!!!!!!!

:grouphug: and :heart: to all of us along this path.

Bob(2)
12-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey Jaytee, and a big "thank you" back to you too! Your portraits just sing to my eye! The most wonderful thing about watching "your work" as you progressed through this painting break through, has been the support you have given me and others here. Thank you too!

Jean is a unique teacher. She wants to teach you more than her amazing techniques, for me, she showed me the door to a major breakthrough in my work. I will be forever grateful.

The trouble is... no one arrives...the more you learn the more there is to learn...it is such a wonderful obsession!

CharM
12-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Where's Jo when we need her??? Dontcha just LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! :D

:grouphug:

Be very proud of your accomplishments, Janet... you did this... we just watched and held your hand...

Roun2it
12-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey if you're looking for a hug .............. then don't look at me!!!!!:D

Well done Janet, I was pleased to watch you paint at Charmouth, your new found thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm just overflowed. You were just beginning to hatch then, but now your in full plumage, it is so great to see. Strut your stuff JT, you are a rock chick!!!!!

Uschi
12-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I am very happy for you JT!!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug:
Uschi

JustjoGA
12-02-2006, 09:08 AM
JO IS RIGHT HERE, WITH A HEART FULL OF LOVE FOR
JAYTEE, JEAN, and ALL our wonderful people...

This was soooo wonderful to read, JayTee ... I truly
meant what I said in the Surprise thread... You ARE
a master child portraitist... GO FOR IT!!!!

JustJo

Starsprite
12-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Jaytee...I've enjoyed you from way back in the "Tagster" days...your personality shines though and I knew you had talent back then...but at that time it was for buildings/landscapes that I recognized. I am so glad you have formed so many new friendships at WC and grown so much artisticwise, and found your niche in child portraits because they are just super!!! WC is definitely a wonderful place to be a part of! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Celeste McCall
12-02-2006, 09:20 AM
This is a wonderful place for sure. Full of praise & encouragement for all. :clap: :thumbsup:

Jaytee, you should be very proud of your glorious acheivements in portraiture. You're a true master now. A thousand clappies for your wonderful portraits. Life doesn't get any sweeter than when someone has achieved this level of skill and talent. You're at the apex of your art journey. Proud you should be indeed. :thumbsup:

But, you are also correct in giving Jean the credit for your success. You really took off like a rocket once you started studying online with her.

Kudos to you and your teacher. :D :D :D :thumbsup:

:clap:+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

mmcaloon
12-02-2006, 10:17 AM
What else can be said that hasn't been said already. This place provides so many that become inspirations to us beginners. You have definietley become ne of them. Congratulations to you and your teacher.

Becky-Bob
12-02-2006, 11:12 AM
{{{{{JT}}}}} That was beautiful!! You're a very special lady. :thumbsup: :heart: :heart:

jaydiva
12-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Jaytee,
Your talent is so, so obvious to us -- maybe the gift is that you can see it now.!
Tina

Tina is a very wise woman!!

I wish i had the right words to say what i want to say :(
Art is a lifelong struggle of doing .... that's what one of my teachers said.
It's not just sitting down and painting but more like giving birth to a painting. And all the strength, effort and love it takes to finish a painting shows.

Jean is a very gifted and talented artist and teacher. She has an eye that sees beauty in everything. She not only helps with the technique but lets you SEE through her eyes :)

Jaytee, be proud of what you've done and the level you've reached. The journey will go on, i'm sure!

madmum
12-02-2006, 12:17 PM
:grouphug: :)

Nacre
12-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Jaytee , Dear friend , you are an inspiration and have given of yourself in many ways here in WC and it has been inspirational watching you grow as a portraitist. Congrats on all that you have achieved :thumbsup:
So a big Thank you " Jaytee for being you.:heart:

olliewood0702
12-02-2006, 01:31 PM
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: ((((((()))))) JT...your talent is second to NONE!

WE LOVE YOU!

Christie
12-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Jaytee, you have always had an amazing talent, but i cannot believe the directions that you have taken it in and the heights you have reached.:clap:

Glad that I am along for your journey.:)

pampe
12-02-2006, 02:08 PM
(((hugs)))), my friend

YYcat
12-02-2006, 02:22 PM
((((((hugs)))))) Janet.:heart:

gmarie
12-02-2006, 04:09 PM
We so much love & so much respect you, JT. Agreeing whole heartedly with every wonderful comment here and yeah, lets see some rockin' and struttin'. God bless you always, and richly, JT.

:wave: :heart: :grouphug: :heart: :thumbsup:

jaytee
12-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I am completely choked up......... I came here to thank YOU guys......... not expecting anything by way of reply ........and find more love and support here than I have had before in my entire life......... I simply cannot find the right words............some of you I have met, some I will meet... others will only ever be cyber-family.......but you all are the most amazing people ........... I have been fortunate indeed...........

when I was a student.... computers filled entire rooms.......after 18 years in the BBC circumstances forced me to come to terms with those amstrads with the green print on the black screen .........now I ... and you.... are part of one of the most incredible Cyber-families in the world.......

Thankyou

:grouphug::heart::grouphug:

JustjoGA
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
JayTee!!! I remember those old black screen/green
print machines... Played havoc on eyes too...
My first experience with the room size computers
was at Wal-Mart circa 1970, with the millions of
punchcards that contained all the info.

Technology in hindsight is wonderful.

JsutJo

CharM
12-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I am completely choked up......... I came here to thank YOU guys......... not expecting anything by way of reply ........and find more love and support here than I have had before in my entire life......... I simply cannot find the right words............some of you I have met, some I will meet... others will only ever be cyber-family.......but you all are the most amazing people ........... I have been fortunate indeed...........

when I was a student.... computers filled entire rooms.......after 18 years in the BBC circumstances forced me to come to terms with those amstrads with the green print on the black screen .........now I ... and you.... are part of one of the most incredible Cyber-families in the world.......

Thankyou

:grouphug::heart::grouphug:

Isn't it the truth??? And this cyberness has opened up a whole new world for so many of us... And... room size computers... with 64k of memory!!! :D Managed to live through that one, too...

While online lessons might not be ideal, they're certainly worth their weight in gold for those of us in remote areas... And the calibre of our Teachers is absolutely bar none!

It's been such fun witnessing your emergence... your determination and talent coupled with Jean's dedication and talent all make for a formidable team...

laudesan
12-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaw Jt you emergence as a fine artist has been so wonderful to see.

You need MORE confidence in yourself g/f!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs JJ

leverettfinn
12-03-2006, 05:33 AM
heheheehe!:clap:

What a heart warming thread!!! JT...thanks for putting this in the cafe!....I rarely get to the gallery these days...and I would have missed the absolutely gorgeous portrait of Jean's grand baby-doll!

Yippee skippee....you done good!!!!
(I've always loved your style....but the love you show with your portraits shines through)

:wave: Lauren

footman
12-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Jaytee,

:thumbsup: :grouphug:

Kate

happypaddler
12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Jaytee - I am new here so I didn't witness your growth. I had just assumed that you were a great artist that had been painting for years. I agree that there is no place like this and that it definitely promotes artistic growth. I came here feeling like a guy that plays with paints and was made to feel like an artist. I love this place too.

And so the adventure continues....

John

painterbear
12-06-2006, 05:03 AM
Jaytee,
I've come late to the party it seems, but I wanted to chime in and say I'm so glad you've discovered this newfound confidence in your artistic ability....which it seems we were all aware of before you were. :rolleyes:

Kudos to Jean for helping you open up this door and best wishes for many, many more years of painting portraits or whatever path your talent takes next.

Kudos too to Wet Canvas and the wonderful opportunity it gives us to learn and meet in friendship.

Sylvia

tep394
12-06-2006, 07:45 AM
JT - I've been terribly busy of late but not too busy to add my voice. You know how I feel about the friendships we develop here and especially with you. I can't begin to tell you how much your invitation to paint the Macro Challenge meant to me. Your idea and eager participation really spurred me to look at things in a different way and have impacted my painting in every possible way. Thanks for being that catalyst and a constant encouragment. If you couldn't tell, Jackson isn't the only one who thinks it's "cool" that you are our friend. Some day we both will get over there to meet in person.

Your portraits are second to none really. There is a love, tenderness and innocence captured in each. The qualities an artist puts on paper are the residents of the heart. I believe yours is well inhabited.

manfrommerriam
12-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Ah, "jaytee" the very young are so difficult to portray and you have really nailed this one's painting. What a nice piece it is. Where to go with this talent? Where do you wish to go? I'd say keep knocking, the doors are opening for you. have fun, Dave

jaytee
12-08-2006, 04:58 AM
A heartfelt thankyou to the generous folk who have stopped by in this thread since I last responded............I am still getting lumps in my throat when I read each fresh comment..........forgive me for not making individual responses..... but I appreciate all that is being said more than you can imagine..... I have only taken this long to answer as I feel cannot keep bumpng the thread up...... but I do want you to know how much every kind word means to me.

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Yorky
12-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Janet, not only have you developed an amazing skill in portraits, but this has boosted your confidence and it shows in everything you do. Your landmark paintings are wonderful.

Doug

mr sandbanx
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Janet I saw some of your old stuff (ok that sounds not so good as I thought it might...:o I'd explain but I'll get in more trouble than usual so what say we just try to ignore it) and it was pretty good. All you needed to do was to focus that talent on what you really wanted to paint. You did. And you done did goood. I am thrilled to see you so happy over your accomplishments.

Now go... learn to PUT PORRIDGE IN A BOWL! It's easier than it looks!!!! :D

xxxxx