PDA

View Full Version : ****DAILY WASH ~ Thursday 30th NOVEMBER~ 2006****

laudesan
11-30-2006, 02:21 AM
Good Morning from me, It is nearly 5.30pm here and I am taking a breather from painting..

Been a very murky day really green sky, but no rain:( I am wondering who got the hail storm.. Will watch the news at 6.

So as I said in the end if yesterday's wash I had fun at Phil the potters today, and I had an email from one of the classmates.. :)

I posted the framed painting of Zoe in the end of yesterday's wash too if you want to see it..

So I have painted 4 Christmas Cards..:) Was fun but worrying as I am VERY rusty and they are not real good at all. Never mind I had fun!!

Must go see what we are having for dinner tonight.

Hope everyone is well in body and mind today and has a good productive day. I did.

Man I love good days..:clap: :p :heart:

:wave: JJxx

Roun2it
11-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Mornin each:wave:

Boy is it Thursday, I really thought it was Wednesday, so where did Tuesday go?:D

JJ nice to see you painting again, only way to get rid of the rust is to paint, you have been putting it off long enough ........ you have a lovely studio now get in there and keep painting. A painting a day for the next two weeks and then don't stop painting for as long as you did. Paint every week, doesn't matter what it is, wetting the brushes is a must!!!

Still got my man-flu ......... it's a bit of a sore throat and a cough really:D But I have to go to a few meetings this morning. Can't work out if it's best to cancel or to go ahead. Leaning towards going ahead, if I put it all off I'll be arranging all sorts for next week.

Must go take my echin-thingy stuff and chicken soup or Char will be on my back:D

laudesan
11-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Paint every week, doesn't matter what it is, wetting the brushes is a must!!! Yes I know..:o Good luck with your Echin thingy :p They do work if you ake them long enough and take 1000mg vit C too!! :)

Roun2it
11-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Hey I rattle when I walk, echin-thingy x6, vitamins x2, calcium x2, cod liver oil x1 and then the prescription stuff ........... I'm a walking pill box:lol: Not to mention my man-flu pills and potions. I was full before I had breakfast:D

plec
11-30-2006, 03:07 AM
Morning JJ. and Kev.
JJ glad to see you are feeling so well.
Kev. Hope you are feeling better soon. My old docter prescibes toffees and whisky, you sucked the toffees to sooth the throat and drank the wisky until you did not feel any of the other symtoms.
Beautiful day here but if the red sky in the morning saying has anything to it i suppose I better watch out i took these shots about ten minutes ago.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/78286-PB300045.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/78286-PB300044.JPG

Best wishes to all Ken..

Sharon Douglas
11-30-2006, 03:34 AM
Good morning everyone,

I had a lovely meet with Doug and Ruth yesterday, and...........I even got to hear Olgas` lovely accent, when she skyped Doug while I was there.

We finally got to the pictures yesterday, to see James Bond, and get this............I stayed awake:eek: The film was quite good actually, better than what I expected, mind you I must admit, I spent alot of the time looking at scenery, and the crystal on the tables etc. (crystal is my new thing at the moment for paintings)

Anyway, as usual this time of the morning, I`ve got 4 kids running around the house, fighting for the bathroom, looking for homework, looking for shoes, etc etc, you can imagine, I`m sure.:rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone.
(((((((((())))))))))those in need.

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Good Morning, JJ, Kev, Ken, Sharon :)

Wow... hardly ever get on 1st page of the
Wash lately... Everyone must be sleeping
in (after dinner and partying :evil:)

Wet, soggy, dreary, gray day here, 60s
(it stayed that warm all night!!) I just
do not do well in wet, cloudy weather.
However, I do think I am beginning to
weather the sinus stuff, and hopefully
by the end of the week, it will be done.

Last day at work, I sent off a mountain
of books yesterday, probably face another
today, unless the weather keeps people
away...

I haven't read the end of yesterday's Wash,
need to go do that ...

:wave: to AWAYTC :grouphug: HAWLTAIN HAND

JustJo

ameliajordan
11-30-2006, 07:44 AM
WOW first I go to yesterday wash to finish off and I find multiple pages after I went to bed - if I'd known there was a party going on I'vd have stayed up :D Then I get here and realize that no one up today - what's up with that??

So good morning Jo, Sharon, Ken, Kev, and JJ!! And howdee to those yet to come :wave:

Beautiful sunrise Ken but red sails say you're in for some weather!

TTFN

jaydiva
11-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi there :wave:

Another foggy day, pretty wet too :(

I started on my Mount Laundry :rolleyes: and it looks as if i'm busy all day and night. Maybe we should become nudists :D

JJ :clap: i'm so happy you liked the pottering!!!!! we can exchange our experiences and get ideas from each other YAY:thumbsup:
Oh and your Zoe looks TERRIFIC in that frame, lovely painting

KAT :eek: Healing Vibes to your poor finger. That must have hurt, poor you.
Thank Goodness you didn't damage any nerves or so.

Any news about Jeans Class??? No pics yet?? I'm still :envy:

Need to rush because i have to leave for painting class in about 1/2 hour ... and i can't get my hair to stay put :eek: Looking like a floormop today, hehehe

Gorgeous skies, Ken!!! I could post some real nice grey ones :lol:

better get wobbling on :wave:
BBL
HAWLTAIN

olliewood0702
11-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Happy Thursday Washers:wave:

Here is what they are predicting here in Mid-Michigan:

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT AND COULD BECOME HEAVY
BEFORE DAYBREAK FRIDAY. THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW FRIDAY
MORNING INTO FRIDAY AFTERNOON WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 3 INCHES
PER HOUR POSSIBLE. SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE MAINLY
BETWEEN 6 AM AND 2 PM FRIDAY AND SNOWFALL TOTALS WITH THIS STORM
COULD EXCEED A FOOT IN SOME LOCATIONS BY LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
FREEZING RAIN WITH POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATIONS IS
ALSO POSSIBLE PRIMARILY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM HOLLAND TO GRAND
RAPIDS TO LANSING.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.
CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
:rolleyes: :eek:

Guess my green grass won't be seen until sometime in late March or early April now.:o

NOT looking forward to driving in that stuff tomorrow morning to work. Wish we got days off like the kids do from school.:D

I start my physical therapy this morning. I have to have a month of it three days a week. Such a pain in the you know what to change my clothes here at work, go there, come back and change again!! :confused:

((((())))) to those who have aches and pains, are recovering from ills, are worried for loved ones, have tough decisions to make, etc...

Waving to AWAYTC...have a GREAT DAY!:wave:

mmcaloon
11-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

Hi to JJ, Kev, Ken, Sharon, Jo, Amelia, Jutta, Darla, and all those yet to come.

JJ - your painting was awsome.

Kev - hope you get to feeling better. Hate colds

Ken - beautiful sky shots.

Sharon - I was wondering about the new James Bond.

Jo - pretty wet and soggy here as well.

AMelia - good morning to you as well.

Jutta - love ya tiny head... If you become nudists where would your husband keep his change? Sorry about that old joke... I'm bad....going to the corner. :o

Darla - thanks for the weather update in your area, now my weather here doesn't seem so bad. :D

Thats right we have seen no pictures yet.....where are they....????

Visited Brant last night all is well he is feeling back to normal giving grandpa a bad time and then grinning from ear to ear. :D

Wet rainy and cold here today. Yup Emilie its heading your way. Stay warm.

Got my painting session tonight hope the weather doesn't turn too bad. Well better get it in gear and get to school.

HAWLTAIN BBL

Europa
11-30-2006, 08:21 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Waving to everyone :wave:

Well took two of the cars in today to swap the tyres around - the rover we are part exchanging recently has four new tyres so we have swapped them with my old tyres - I kept my alloy wheels though - didn't like the ones on the other rover.

So Jamie is off to pick up the new car - am waiting for him to come home so he can show it to SWMBO - have to get her approval......lol.

Am going shopping later but the traffic into town is HORRENDOUS - they have closed part of the bridge off down to one lane - honestly how stupid - the traffic is backed up on all roads leading into town from our side.....so a normal 10 minute journey will now take me over half an hour or longer - or have me zooming round the back roads.........lol.

Got my cards from Ken Bromley this morning so should be able to get my Christmas cards sorted this weekend - woohooooo!!

Ooh Jamie is back - catch you later.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Wind Song
11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi Everyone,
60's and a monsoon rain here today.
Ken great sailor's warning sky pics.
Kev hope you get over the man flue soon.
JJ just saw your painting of Zoe framed. It's lovely.
Mike great news about Brant going home yesterday.
Jutta love the Pyramid.
Kat 5 stitches! Ouch! Take care.
Amelia heading to Georgia in the RV for Christmas sounds like fun.
Have a great day everybody.
Sharon

Uschi
11-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Raining.

Have been hanging around forever waiting for WC to come back up so I could post the Landmark paintings.

I have an appointment with the bank this morning, I don't have a clue where my hard earned money is and what it is doing:rolleyes:

Scrabble in the afternoon, then to get more yarn for socks I am knitting for daughter. I hope they still have the same kind since I started these socks an eternity ago.

Ken, boy, oh boy, you sure have gorgeous sunrises there, wonderful photos, thanks!!!

JJ, kitty looks wonderful all framed up and your Christmas card is wonderful:)

Mike, more :clap: :clap: re Brant's condition.

Darla, hope physio won't be too hard and PLEASE keep your weather over there!!!!!

Going to have a little browse around and then get going with the day.

:wave: to one and ALL and wishing you a good day plus HAWLTAIN!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
11-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Greetings:wave:
25 here this morning but we didn't get the snow. Looks like Darls's storm is going south of us.
Goode to see JJ in a happy mood.
Happy for Brant.
Kat hope hand heals fast.
I thought Chris was driving so why is he meeting Tina at airport???
When painting with my Alz. residents yesterday one little lady said "I should get drunk then I would lose my inhibitions!". A clear observation in an otherwise muddled mind!
Have a good one.
:grouphug:
JoAnn

laudesan
11-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Kev I rattle too with my Multi Vit and minerals, Echin.... Evening Primrose Oil, Fish oil, Vit C, Phytolife, Iron. Then there is my Pain meds, My Asthma meds, My Colitis Meds, my BP Meds. Phew!!! I know what you mean about being full!! :p :(

So I painted 12 post card size painting!! Hope I haven't panted myself out..:D I was practising my loose painting and having fun. Even painted an Elelphant.. :D Nearly midnite now, the Sandman is waiting..

Ken what gorgeous photos!! Yes I had a really good day today. I am hoping like mad this is the beginning of a lot of good days...

Sharon how wonderful to see you g/f!! :wave: Alan and I were sipposed to go to the movies tionight too, but I forgot, :o had my brushes flashing..

Jutta that woud be awesome G/f I would Love to exchange idea's with you!!

Darla i am green all that snow. I know, I know , not fun when you have to live in it for 8 months of the year.. I think I could do that tho' very happily.. **smile**

**wave** Jo, Amelia, Mike, Pat, Sharon, Uschi. (thanks Uschi)

Thanks for all your lovely comments on Zoe. I just love that painting myself, I am very proud of it..

:wave: Jo Ann have a wonderful day.

Nite from me..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CharM
11-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Good morning! Raining in SW Ontario this morning... we don't have to shovel it, though... :D

I've begun work on my last commission... I find the drawing to be the most difficult... I'm almost there, though...

Nothing exciting happening today... Jutta's Mount Laundry has spread to my house...

Zoe does look fabulous all gussied up, JJ!

JoAnne... I loved the observation from your Alz patient...

...glad that Brant is home...

...waiting for pics from "Meeters"...

GORGEOUS sunrise, Ken... "take warning"...

Kev... have you tried green tea with lemon and honey for your throat? It really does work... :lol: your pill cocktail...

I told you that you'd probably like the film, Sharon... :lol: studying the crystal...

:wave: Jo (sniff... sniff...), Amelia (new handbag yet??) and Mike!

Keep your snow south of the border, Darla!!!

I forgot to mention that I LOVE your pyramid, Jutta!!!

Hi Pat... mmmmmmm.... new car smell..... mmmmmmmm....

G'morning Sharon and Uschi!

I have to go find the neighbour's cat... she hates me... I'm looking after her while my neighbours are gone on vacation... except that the darned cat hisses at me when I get within 10 feet of her... and she escaped outside last night... in the rain... wouldn't come back in ('cause I was there at the door)... now I'm worried...

:grouphug: hawltain and hand

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Wow Ken...beautiful sunrise pics!! :clap: :clap:

Lucky Jessica gets to sleep in today as they closed the schools due to the weather that we are supposed to get today. It's very cold out and windy and supposed to snow quite a bit today, though hasn't started yet. :eek: I really, really feel sorry for Steve (husband) as he has to work outside in this weather driving a forklift. He's worked there for 30 years and the company he works for, which started out as Coleman Heating and Air Conditioning (the same company that makes the camping gear) keeps getting sold and bought and with that comes changes in his job. He's never had to work outside before until this past month.

Makes me really appreciate working from the comfort of my home, (unless the electricity goes off, and I freeze), which has happened before. What a day for the phone company to have to come out and install an extra phone jack in my work room so I can have DSL. The hospital is paying for it, they want us to have DSL instead of cable modem now. I know nothing about DSL.

Well better get back to work!

JJ I loved the framed cat painting in yesterdays Wash! :clap:

Banxy, when are you leaving to go to New Yawk?

:wave:

mr sandbanx
11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Hewy folks.

Got my cheque yesterday for the painting I sold. Five figures!!! (plus bonus decimal point!!!!)

Off to the Golf course.

Gooby

mr sandbanx
11-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Banxy, when are you leaving to go to New Yawk?

Tomorry, five am.:wave:

pasta
11-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Tomorry, five am.:wave:

Barricades are up citywide in honor of your arrival!

Europa
11-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Just nipped in to show you all the new car - Jamie is posing about in it like no one's business......lol.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/29499-30112006002.jpg

Gotta dash - grocery shopping at Asda/WallyWorld

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Cathie Jones
11-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Greetings:wave:
25 here this morning but we didn't get the snow. :grouphug:
JoAnn

JoAnn, it's only 26F here right now! About 90 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Of course, there's the mountain range and 3,000' of elevation between us, too . . . . and no snow here, either.

Finished the top of my "ILOVELUCY-JUNECLEAVER-DONNAREED" quilt yesterday. I'm not kidding - the fabric designs in this one are very '50s kitchen. Photos soon. Didn't pick up any new jobs yesterday at class, so I'm putting one of mine on the machine - Christmas gift for my daughter. Making pillowcases to go with it, too. And working on an "Attic Window" with funny flower faces for my 11-year-old granddaughter.

(((Brant))) Whattakid!

Char, how in the world could a cat not like you? Weird cat. Hope you find it.

Gotta run . . . y'all be good today (or don't get caught) . . . :wave:

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Hewy folks.

Got my cheque yesterday for the painting I sold. Five figures!!! (plus bonus decimal point!!!!)

Gooby

Make sure he takes you to a FANCYrestaurant Tina! :D

Your quilts sound really cool Cathy!! I would like to see pics of them!

LOVE the car Pat!! I'd be "posing" in it too!

droll13
11-30-2006, 10:05 AM
A few of you have asked what my photo calendar looks like. Rather than clog up the Wash with images, I opened a separate thread; here's a link:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5166265&posted=1#post5166265

WARNING: this thread is VERY IMAGE HEAVY!

I'll be back later to read the Wash.

TTFN

pasta
11-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Make sure he takes you to a FANCYrestaurant Tina! :D

Your quilts sound really cool Cathy!! I would like to see pics of them!

LOVE the car Pat!! I'd be "posing" in it too!

Five figure check -- this could translate into a Five Star Restaurant, what do you think Patty?

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 10:36 AM
:wave: Everybody....

I woke up late this morning.... and it really did get cold... only 32f here in Taylor Texas :eek: .... Canada shared some of their winter!! Guess I better wear sox with my birkenstocks today....

I'm thinking chili today.... With some of the new chipotle chili powder I bought recently.... MMMMMMMMmmmmm good!!! I'm wanting to go into Austin today to the Japanese grocery store.... Going to see if Lenore wants to ride along, but first I need to do the ....well, you know, the makeup routine....

Had fun playing with the Banxmeister last night....:D Sometimes I crack myself up!!:lol:

Don't remember much that has happened here today, but Mike seeing Brant smile from ear to ear stands out vividly!! :clap:

((((((((((Char & Ted))))))))))

HTH & BSAKs

Emilie

olliewood0702
11-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Just back from phsio and she told me I'm very flexible!! (secret contortionist I guess:lol: :lol: ) I might only need 2 weeks instead of 4!!:clap:

Have a WONDERFUL trip to NY Banxy!! You might get stranded there if this big winter storm heads that way..:evil: :thumbsup:

Where is everyone this morning?????

Yooo hoo?????? I hear an echo.....:p :D

KathyJB
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Man I love good days.. good on yoy JJ your getting there, I bet your rusty is my best ion show, your very good and dont you forget it,

Kev feel better, I recommend sleep as soon as you get b ack from your meetings,

I'll be back i have a bone to pick with my mortgage folks

they have done the unthinkable, over charged me and marked my credit report eyoooooow, for all the the fees I have not paid, this one I can prove I have paid in full, sigh, yes i know i am talking gibberish, I do that when i am agitated:)

back in a bit

HarvestMoon
11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
My father died this morning, mainly of alzheimers. Please forgive me for not commenting in the next few days.
Linda

Nacre
11-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Linda, so very sorry . Sympathy and many (((Hugs)))

lentil
11-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Linda, my sympathies to you and your family. Think of all the good times with your Dad and these memories will help. ((()))

Brenda

Europa
11-30-2006, 12:36 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((Linda))))))))))))))))))

Pat

mmcaloon
11-30-2006, 12:38 PM
((( Linda ))) thoughts and prayers with you and yours.

Sharon Douglas
11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
(((((((((Linda and family))))))))))
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
(((Linda))) Many hugs and prayers for peace
and comfort for you and your family.

JustJo

Chief
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
((((((((Linda))))))))) so sad for your loss.........:crying: Wagstaff:crying:

olliewood0702
11-30-2006, 12:58 PM
:grouphug:
((((LINDA & family))))) you and yours are in my prayers.

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Linda. (((((((((((Linda and family))))))))))) :heart:

jaydiva
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
{{{{{ Linda + family }}}}} I'm so sorry, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Back from painting, the kids are getting really excited because on the 9th they have their VERY FIRST AND VERY OWN EXHIBITION :clap: :clap: :clap:
We managed to get a local restaurant and bar (more drink than food ;) ) to host it. They even supply us with coffee, tea and Christmas cookies :thumbsup:
The kids are handling it very professionally giving each other good advice on which paintings to take and how much to charge for them :D if only the parents would get out of the way :rolleyes:
We made some last minute Christmas cards with glimmer-glue, finished old paintings and they even started new ones :eek:

When i came back home DH was just about to vacuum the floor when the darn vacuum died :mad: GeeWhizzzzz the rotten ole thing could have waited till he was DONE with cleaning :mad:
Washer and dryer are still working *sigh although the dirt mount gets smaller ... the iron-fold-stack away mount gets bigger.
AHHHHHHHHHHHH i wasn't born to do housework!!! (rant off)

Pat, that's a neat looking NEW car you've got there :thumbsup:

{{{{{ Kev }}}}} a big hug for having to cope with MAN FLU

JJ, i'm anxious to see what you're doing with the clay. Would love to see your balls (hmmm somehow this doesn't sound too good ... i should keep calling them spheres) :lol:

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
JJ, i'm anxious to see what you're doing with the clay. Would love to see your balls (hmmm somehow this doesn't sound too good ... i should keep calling them spheres) :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I refer to them as sphericals myself. :D :lol:

It's snowing like the dickens here right now...the sky is a blanket of white snow coming down, sometimes sideways because of the wind! I hope Jessica doesn't have to work tonight as the place she works at is clear across town.

Bless her heart, she's listening to Christmas music on her CD player. :)

droll13
11-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Linda, my sincere sympathies to you and your family.

Roun2it
11-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Linda My thought to you and your family.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I refer to them as sphericals myself. :D :lol:

It's snowing like the dickens here right now...the sky is a blanket of white snow coming down, sometimes sideways because of the wind! I hope Jessica doesn't have to work tonight as the place she works at is clear across town.

Bless her heart, she's listening to Christmas music on her CD player. :)

Just heard a question on the radio:

If questions in quizzes could be called quizzical's?

What would questions in tests be called? :evil: :lol:

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Just heard a question on the radio:

If questions in quizzes could be called quizzical's?

What would questions in tests be called? :evil: :lol:

:eek: ...ummmmmm "sphericals"! :D

jaydiva
11-30-2006, 01:58 PM
:eek: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doris345
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Linda,
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
I hope that your many fond memories of him will help you through these sad times.
Doris

CharM
11-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Sincere condolences to you and your family (((Linda)))

ameliajordan
11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Linda, sincere condolences to you and all the family (((((((())))))

ameliajordan
11-30-2006, 02:33 PM
To all of you in the middle of the country with the winter storm I guess I shouldn't mention that after water aerobics I just towled off and put my tee shirt over my wet suit to come home in the golf cart!!!!!! Sorry I just couldn't resist :evil:

Wind Song
11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Linda, you and your family will be in my thoughts.
Cherish the Good memories!
Sharon

mmcaloon
11-30-2006, 02:44 PM
:p :p :p :p

KathyJB
11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
My father died this morning, mainly of alzheimers. Please forgive me for not commenting in the next few days.

Linda I am so so sorry, may you feel a collective hug from all of us in the forum (((Linda)))
I know it hurts, I lost my dad a year ago this past may due also to Alzheimers,
please let us know if there is anything we can do to make this any less painful for you,

Kat

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 02:51 PM
To all of you in the middle of the country with the winter storm I guess I shouldn't mention that after water aerobics I just towled off and put my tee shirt over my wet suit to come home in the golf cart!!!!!! Sorry I just couldn't resist :evil:

aHHHHHHHH!!!! (Said in my best Tina from New Yawk voice):

U TALKIN TO ME?? R U TALKIN TO ME??!!! :D :lol: :lol:

I just stood on the porch and took these pics.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/6385-snow1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/6385-SNOW_2.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/6385-SNOW3.jpg

olliewood0702
11-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Ahh....Spritey...I just saw on the national weather forecast that Kansas was getting hit as I type this. :thumbsup:

GORGEOUS pics....good to be INSIDE! Tomorrow I'll be seeing this stuff.:rolleyes:

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Ahh....Spritey...I just saw on the national weather forecast that Kansas was getting hit as I type this. :thumbsup:

GORGEOUS pics....good to be INSIDE! Tomorrow I'll be seeing this stuff.:rolleyes:

Well brace yourself Darla.....it's COLDDDD!!! Be careful with your knee if you have to get out in it too.

I keep expecting to see a little squirrel with a red and black scarf go running through the snow at any time. :D

Barbie
11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
So sorry to hear this. It is never easy to lose a parent -- my mother-in-law died 3 years ago after a long battle with Alzheimer's. Your Dad is at peace now - I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

lentil
11-30-2006, 03:11 PM
To all of you in the middle of the country with the winter storm I guess I shouldn't mention that after water aerobics I just towled off and put my tee shirt over my wet suit to come home in the golf cart!!!!!! Sorry I just couldn't resist

Oh Amelia, you're just a stinker! :lol: That's a real low blow!!!!! Right now it is -38C with the wind chill. I love winter...I love winter...I love winter...not.

Spritey, great pictures!!!! It's so Christmasy. I do love the snow but I hate the cold. Go out and make some snow angels while you can. :thumbsup:

Gotta run. Should be working, no time for lurking (hey, that rhymes):lol: . BBL

Brenda

mebo
11-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Hello, everybody,

Well, we got all ya'll's dang snow, and sleet, and a little ice. I was getting ready for work when a colleague called and said "Court's called off, Judge doesn't want to drive in this". I was so happy I put my nightgown back on and stayed home. Schools are closed, courthouse closed. It's clear up to 28 F now.

'Course, I got some sewing done - finished up a couple of skirts I had partially finished, did some mending. I finished my Christmas cards, and will get those ready to mail in the morning. I still have to finish packing up DS#3's Christmas box to go in the mail tomorrow. Phew!

Linda, so sorry about your dad.

Ya'll have a good one.

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Hello, everybody,

Well, we got all ya'll's dang snow, and sleet, and a little ice. I was getting ready for work when a colleague called and said "Court's called off, Judge doesn't want to drive in this". I was so happy I put my nightgown back on and stayed home. Schools are closed, courthouse closed. It's clear up to 28 F now.

'Course, I got some sewing done - finished up a couple of skirts I had partially finished, did some mending. I finished my Christmas cards, and will get those ready to mail in the morning. I still have to finish packing up DS#3's Christmas box to go in the mail tomorrow. Phew!

Linda, so sorry about your dad.

Ya'll have a good one.

Lucky you that you don't work from home! LOL... I have no bad weather excuse except if the electricity goes off. I am having a hard time working with Jessica home (schools closed), she is making snow flakes out of paper and has Christmas music blaring on the stereo. :D

BRENDA SAID:
Spritey, great pictures!!!! It's so Christmasy. I do love the snow but I hate the cold. Go out and make some snow angels while you can.

Gotta run. Should be working, no time for lurking (hey, that rhymes) . BBL

Brenda

You know I used to love to do that, but when you get to be my age it just doesn't sound that fun anymore. LOL

Love your rhyme.... should be working...no time for lurking!! LOL

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, Amelia is in her T-shirt, tooling around
in her golf cart... Do I tell you that we have
68F and partial sunshine here today? :D

First it rained buckets again, then turned
warm!! 'Sup with that?!!! Tomorrow is the
1st Day of December; it's supposed
to be cold!!!

Hopefully I will get some painting done this
weekend ... after my glucose tolerance test
tomorrow... Last test for the year I sure hope!

Spritey, I love that 3rd photo of the yard with
bushes and building showing against the snow.

JustJo

pasta
11-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Linda,
Thinking of you today and sending a hug and prayers. Such a hard time and nothing it seems for us to do to make it better for you.
Love,
Tina

Bob(2)
11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Linda, so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

painterbear
11-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Good afternoon all,
It is a few minutes past 4:00 p.m. here in Oakwood. Today DH and I were roaming around with just the shirts on our backs (and the rest of the outfit too before anyone asks :rolleyes:) but this is the last day of our Indian Summer weather. The cold weather and snow are making their way across the mid-West and will reach us by tomorrow evening according to the weather forecasters. Thanks, Spritey, for a preview of what to expect. :eek: Right now it is pouring rain and the temps are dropping.

Linda, My sympathy goes out to you and your family on the death of your father.

Mike, That little Brandt is quite the trooper! He has such a wonderful attitude about the surgeries, I'm glad there will be improvement in his speech when it is all healed.

Darla, Great news about your physiotherepy not taking as long as was expected! Do be careful when you are out on slippery sidewalks and roadways though.

Char, I hope your neighbor's cat has returned. Obviously it has no taste in humans if it doesn't like YOU! :rolleyes:

Chris, Have a safe trip and enjoy THE BIG APPLE with Tina, the Hostess with the Mostess!

Ken, What a spectacular sunrise you had this morning. Great photos.

JJ, Great news that you've gotten your brushes wet again. :clap:

Kev, Sorry to hear about the man-flu. Hope the echinea (sp?) and all the other pills are helping you feel better.

Sorry I missed some of you, but at this late in the day, the list is soooooo long.

SYTomorrow, think I'll make a dash through the Studio and Gallery to see what's been happening there.

Sylvia

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 04:29 PM
((((((((((Linda)))))))))

I just stood on the porch and took these pics.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/6385-snow1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/6385-SNOW_2.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2006/6385-SNOW3.jpg

Actually, I'd love some of Schprite's snow!! I like for the seasons to change and to wear different clothes...... Even if I have to wear sox and real shoes!!:eek:

The chili is on the stove.... I forgot to pick up masa for a thickener, so a call to David will be made before he starts home...

Hey Banx!! Y'all be careful tomorrow!! Watch out for idiots while you're driving........

Emilie

ameliajordan
11-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh Patty that's SNOW big time!!!!!! Yes Jo I know it's delightful in Tenn and Va today. Ya'll can get me back when it's 90+ too early in the season - in the mean time come visit!!

Even after the big chill headed east it won't freeze in NYC - not with Tina and Chris talking non stop!!!!

Speaking of get togethers it seems that they crew at Jean's are bending their elbows - they'll get drinkers elbow and not be able to paint :D Naw, sounds like they are having a ball!!!!!

Chief
11-30-2006, 04:54 PM
I keep expecting to see a little squirrel with a red and black scarf go running through the snow at any time. :D

The snow here is just now starting to melt (rain).....I'm not going out of my way for anymore for awhile.....unless of course there is something to be gained.........like some peanut brittle......:evil: :evil: :evil:

:cool: Wagstaff:p

Laura D
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Giggling here... I'm new and am looking for a place to jump in. Seems like I'll fit right in here with all the notable weather we've been having this last week. (Snow in Seattle.) I also rattle when I walk (pills). You all sound like you are a ton of fun.

plec
11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Linda sorry to here your news
Best wishes to you and your family, ken..

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM
The snow here is just now starting to melt (rain).....I'm not going out of my way for anymore for awhile.....unless of course there is something to be gained.........like some peanut brittle......:evil: :evil: :evil:

:cool: Wagstaff:p

Wellllll.... how about some homemade chicken and noodles?!?

Seems that everything is cancelled here tonight...except my working (since I work from home) DRAT!! :mad:

Welcome Laura...we're a wild and crazy bunch (some more than others) feel free to pop in anytime!

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Giggling here... I'm new and am looking for a place to jump in. Seems like I'll fit right in here with all the notable weather we've been having this last week. (Snow in Seattle.) I also rattle when I walk (pills). You all sound like you are a ton of fun.

Hi Laura... Being able to giggle is a definite plus around here... A few peanuts in your pocket won't hurt either... There's a squirrel that lives in your area who seems to be addicted to them...:D

Welcome to WC!....

Emilie

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi, Laura! It looks like the Northwest US contingent
is expanding ... and that's a good thing! Glad you
dropped in the Wash ... good place to start.

JustJo

Uschi
11-30-2006, 06:46 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((((Linda)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Had the map out to check exactly where Kansas was, hopefully far enough away that the snow fizzles out before it comes here. It has been raining non-stop here since last night, I am soooooo glad it was warm enough that it hadn't turned to snow yet but it has cooled right down now and will stay cold.

I dropped in at one of our second hand stores, it's a marvellous one, and bought 6 teddy bears for $ 4.50, perfect condition, I will set them up for paintings and then give them back so they can make additional money.

Chris, wishing you and Em a good trip and a wonderful time with Tina!!!!!

Laura - WELCOME!!!!

Time for Wheel of Fortune:p
:wave: Uschi

Chief
11-30-2006, 06:53 PM

Welcome Aboard Laura......I need some in state support and you picked a great place to jump in........Most of us rattle one way or another.....you pills......others bones........me sacks of walnuts and such.

[QUOTE][/Hi Laura... Being able to giggle is a definite plus around here... A few peanuts in your pocket won't hurt either... There's a squirrel that lives in your area who seems to be addicted to them...:D

EmilieQUOTE]

Yes Indeed Emilie that is sound advice.....you see Laura this
forum is just full of the most profound freely given advice.
So come back often and don't forget to report in for Night-Shift. :lol: Wagstaff:cool:

Europa
11-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Well how &&%&&^ annoyed am I?? - my blank Christmas cards came today and soooooo I merrily began setting up the prog to print them out - AND THE $&%&%& THINGS WON'T GO THROUGH THE ^&$&%&% PRINTER!!!! :mad: :mad:

I have set everything up for greeting card - it will take my A4 watercolour 300gsm card through but not my %$^%^ blank cards - they are 400gsm but surely that can't be all that different........am sooooooooo annoyed I can't tell you - nearly threw the printer out the window.

Looks like its going to have to be shop bought ones and then in January I will start painting on these 20 blanks i have........:eek: ...lol.....oh well you have to laugh I suppose.

Brrrrrrrrr all that snow - sooner you than me - have gotten used to mild winters now though it was a bit brisk today I must admit.

Am off for a cuppa tea to soothe my shattered nerves. :thumbsup:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 07:43 PM
It's 17 degrees F now and supposed to get down to 6 degrees tonight. !! It's moving northeast Uschi...on up through Chicago . Don't know if it will make it up to Canada or not. I thought Canada was supposed to be colder than Kansas..what's up with this crap? :confused: :lol:

Wishing Banxy and the Emster a safe drive to Tina's tomorrow and we know they will all have a really great time! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures! :)

LOL... I just now saw Pat's post about the printer probs with the cards. Does your printer have a preferences setting where you can choose the type of paper you are using, i.e. greeting card stock? I don't see why in tarnation it wouldn't take that paper.:confused:

laudesan
11-30-2006, 07:51 PM
(((((LINDA & Family))))) Patty oh man i love those photo's! Isn't it magical!!!!!

Jutta Alan goes back to work on Saturday and I am going to spend the day playing with my clay. Oh not balls, :o Spheres' :D

I don't have a rib here to smooth them out tho' so will have to improvise..

Time for food, been 30 minutes since my salofalk.......

droll13
11-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Well how &&%&&^ annoyed am I?? - my blank Christmas cards came today and soooooo I merrily began setting up the prog to print them out - AND THE $&%&%& THINGS WON'T GO THROUGH THE ^&$&%&% PRINTER!!!! :mad: :mad:

I have set everything up for greeting card - it will take my A4 watercolour 300gsm card through but not my %$^%^ blank cards - they are 400gsm but surely that can't be all that different........am sooooooooo annoyed I can't tell you - nearly threw the printer out the window.

Pat xxx
Does your printer allow you to adjust (in this case, probably widening) the platen? This tells the printer about the thickness of your paper, and maybe it's the problem.

mmcaloon
11-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Well I hear the the girls and Guilli are now dancing around the burning pudding, have used up all the brandy and at least two bottles of bubbly. Sounds like a lot of partying goin gon there.

My class painting session was canceled due to weather so I worked at home on some paintings for a while and now I am off to relax, have some coffee, and watch some TV for a bit. So I bid you all a good night

Good Night Jason, Mary Ellen, Ben, Erin, Jim Bob, Elizabeth, and John Boy where ever you are.

Good night and God Bless

Chief
11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
It's 17 degrees F now and supposed to get down to 6 degrees tonight. !! It's moving northeast Uschi...on up through Chicago . Don't know if it will make it up to Canada or not. I thought Canada was supposed to be colder than Kansas..what's up with this crap? :confused: :lol:

Oh Oh! Patty I think you need my scarf more than I do....

The Chief is sitting in the middle or the compartment doing his meditation......this is a good opportunity to crawl up his back and do handstands on his head. He hates when I do that but it's real good for his discipline. :evil: Wagstaff:cool:

hazegry
11-30-2006, 09:00 PM
hi guys just going to type a few quick things
Linda I am sorry to hear about your Dad
JJ glad to see you had a good day keep painting
ken great pics
Sharon I still dont know how you could sleep thru Master and Comander glad you liked the bond movie
Jo Darla hope the weather improves
Mike glad to see Brant is feeling better
everybody else I will have to just say hi to I mainly wanted to offer my condolences to Linda. I have to go get ready for work tomorrow another 24 hour day so gotta pack all the art stuff.

mr sandbanx
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Car's ready to be packed, Shoppe locked up, product all tucked in, Em all set to go...and right now it is pouring rain...

Keep your snow for a bit longer Spritey.... make a snow angel or summit...... I might very well have to drive one way in this... no need to drive bothways. Anyone see T tell her I will be on y way in about 8 hours... can't wait to finally hear her voice and see what she has planned. I understand we are going to 'services' on Sunday... how cool is that. A New Yawk Soimen!!!!

Someone keep an eye on Emilie...

laudesan
11-30-2006, 09:14 PM

Have you got a thickness lever on your printer like I have on my cheapo Canon??

I can feel for you, what a paint in the patootie..:( HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 09:18 PM
HAPPY AND SAFE TRIP, Chris and Emily..

Do be careful on the wet roads ... and
try to let us know how it goes... We
are all excited with/for you all..
Loooove these mini-meets.

JustJo :heart:

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM

I'll keep my eye on Emilie Banxy Sir! :D :evil: :angel: Sure I will!! I mean....I sure will!! :angel: :thumbsup:

Yeah...it's always so cool to finally hear someone's voice that you have never heard before and see them in person! Kind of completes everything.
Tell Emster to take lots of pics..I have a feeling she likes to take pictures and there will be plenty to see in New Yawk! :wave:

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 10:10 PM

:confused: How come???

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey, izzie gone yet???........ We got stuff to plan & stuff.........

mr sandbanx
11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
tsk tsk

laudesan
11-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Count me in Emilie..........

You not gone yet Sir????????? :p

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
tsk tsk

oops

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 10:48 PM
You s'pose he's staying up all night
waiting for 5AM so he can leave? :D

If we whisper, he won't hear our plans.

Joleen

pasta
11-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone!
I've made a list and checked it twice...got to keep Chris and Em busy or Lord knows what trouble Chris will get into....

Can't imagine what he means that I will have an accent! I'll start out fine, then slip into my Queens, New Yawk speak! We will have lots to do...I plan to take him on the subway for some culture shock! Tickets to a Broadway play, lots of places to eat, the usual.

I've got to say that I'll be nervous till I hear that they are getting through the roads okay...should be okay here, but I don't know what's up north.

I'll keep you posted on his estimated time of arrival so that you don't worry.
I actually have a 3 hour treatment in the morning (maybe it should be a shock treatment...lol !) so if you don't hear from me till about 2:00 -- don't think anything went wrong on the roads. I'll post the "all clear" when I get home and talk to him.
Have fun at the Baitte Shoppe while the boss is away...
Tina

pasta
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
...oh, does anyone know any Canadian words?..otherwise it'll be all sign language :D

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 10:55 PM
LOL, Tina... only one I know for sure is
stick "eh?" at the end of every sentence. :lol:

I used to have neighbors (snowbirds) who were
Canadians (Calgary) and I loved their accent.

Joleen

maltman
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
...oh, does anyone know any Canadian words?..otherwise it'll be all sign language :D

"Large Double Double":wink2: :wink2:

Have a good one!!:cool:

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 10:59 PM

Just "aboot" (for about) . LOL :D :D and they say "eh?!" alot. Otherwise he's not too hard to understand Tina...I don't think you'll have much of a language barrier....but he may have trouble understanding you...I don't know how much of a New Yawk accent you have. :D

Sounds like you have a lot of fun activities planned!! Sorry you have a treatment tomorrow...LOL about the "shock treatment". :lol:

Eh Maltimus!!! I see you!

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 11:01 PM
You s'pose he's staying up all night
waiting for 5AM so he can leave? :D

If we whisper, he won't hear our plans.

Joleen

Hey Joleen, I think he got spies...... We'll have to get our invisible clothes and eakspay inway odecay.....

Emileen

pasta
11-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks, Jo -- it's the only one I know too! Can it be that they are just like us?? lol
Brian -- Love seeing your "face" here ...please be on hand for interpretation. I can call you on a bat phone or something!
Patty -- I should bring him to Brooklyn...now THAT's an accent!
Emilie -- when do the shenanigans start?

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Emilie, Ouyay inkthay iteySpray ightmay ebay ethay
unway?
Joleen

pasta
11-30-2006, 11:15 PM
...oh and FYI ...when we post our photos..I look nothing like my tiny head photo! New glasses...hair has been gone totally..and made a return, so let's just call it short and spunky...:)

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Tina, you are going to totally enjoy this visit.
One of my someday wishes is to have him show up
at our Spring Fling in Tennessee... Nothing much
in my little town to show off :D

JustJo

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Emilie, Ouyay inkthay iteySpray ightmay ebay ethay
unway?
Joleen

LOL......I know my name when I see it! iteySpray! and somethin about ebay...hmmmmm :lol: :confused:

laudesan
11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Hugs Tina..:) :wave:

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Emilie -- when do the shenanigans start?

:confused: huh????? ...... I'm goin' to bed now......ain't none of those shenanigan thangs goin' on........ shaddup, that's TOMORROW night!!!

goodnight Emilie

pasta
11-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Jo,
It's the company not the town! I'm sure he'd enjoy Georgia..peaches and pecans and Jo for company!
Tina

Starsprite
11-30-2006, 11:18 PM
...oh and FYI ...when we post our photos..I look nothing like my tiny head photo! New glasses...hair has been gone totally..and made a return, so let's just call it short and spunky...:)

Sounds cute to me Tina! I know about the hair thing...my mom had breast cancer and had chemo and lost her hair and I saw her without her wig on when she was just "going natural".

pasta
11-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Good cover Emilie!

Hi JJ! thanks..
How's it going down under? Can't believe how hot you said it's been there. We've had beautiful strangely Spring-like weather and now that Chris is coming, it's supposed to get cold. Gotta bundle up.

yahooserious
11-30-2006, 11:20 PM
LOL......I know my name when I see it! iteySpray! and somethin about ebay...hmmmmm :lol: :confused:

Uh Oh!!! I think the code's done been broke!!!!

I'm really goin' to bed now..... Soon as I find my flannel jammies.... It's COLD here!!:eek:

goodnight again Emilie

JustjoGA
11-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Law, ma'am, you do say the sweetest things :) :heart:

Our claim to fame here is the Cabbage Patch Doll Museum and Alpine Helen, which looks like a Swiss village plopped in the Georgia Mountains. It has a few good artisans, and lots of tourist stuff.

JustJo

pasta
11-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, folks, I'm off to bed...lots ahead of me tomorrow.

Thanks Patty -- I've been slowly working with the new look and lately I've dumped the bandana altogether. We are going to Disney in about a week and I'll be happy to be there with a head of hair!

Jo -- you said that Alpine Helen was lots of tourist stuff...that's what I have planned for Chris and Em -- all the cheesy over-the-top tourist stuff. I Love NY shirts, that sort of thing!

Well, goodnight all!!
Tina

laudesan
11-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi JJ! thanks..
How's it going down under? Can't believe how hot you said it's been there. We've had beautiful strangely Spring-like weather and now that Chris is coming, it's supposed to get cold. Gotta bundle up.Stinking hot!!

We have jut had a late lunch and now need to go to the shops for a couple of food items and post the last of my Christmas Cards..:D

Chief
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Well folks it's been fun.........time for little squirrels to bed down for the night...........Till we meet again - I remain your faithful scribbler.
..............:smug: Wagstaff :cool:

KathyJB
11-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Car's ready to be packed, Shoppe locked up, product all tucked in, Em all set to go...and right now it is pouring rain...
Have fun Chris, be careful and just remember how envious we all are of Tina and you, :envy:

Nigh5 waggy sorry I wasnt here to anounce night shift, it was thursday night at my brothers house/shift for me,