PDA

View Full Version : Cowgirl in Gouache

howyadoin
11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi there. I've posted this piece on the Illustration forum before, but for some reason I never noticed till now that there was a specific place for gouache. So without further ado...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/howyadoin/Cowgirl.jpg

So far this is my only piece that's pure gouache (other than the signature, anyway). I've used it a little in other mixed-media pieces, but only sparingly.

C & C always welcome, of course.

JamieWG
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
This painting is a good example of why gouache has served as such a wonderful medium for illustration purposes! Well done!
Jamie

howyadoin
11-28-2006, 09:36 PM
This painting is a good example of why gouache has served as such a wonderful medium for illustration purposes! Well done!
JamieThank you. I was amazed at the range of what I could do with it. I couldn't think of a better medium to paint denim with, for example.

artbyjune
12-06-2006, 06:44 AM
I admire that bright blue. Gouache seems very suited to illustration. Is this for a magazine or book or other?

howyadoin
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I admire that bright blue. Gouache seems very suited to illustration. Is this for a magazine or book or other?Thanks. Just something I felt like painting, actually. I would like to break into the magazine/book market, though.